Oh, deer: Vermont hotel to serve $75 road kill-inspired menu

BirdBrain

...at least the KY hillbillies don't serve up roadkill

BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — A fish and wild game supper is featuring some Vermont road kill on the menu.

New York's WPTZ-TV reports (Hotel Vermont to serve roadkill-inspired menu | Local News - WPTZ Home ) Hotel Vermont will offer three animals injured or killed on the road as it hosts the Wild About Vermont event on Nov. 7. The event will feature a game supper with donations from hunters and fishermen in the state.

Residents say it's a quirky and interesting idea.

The supper will cost $75 and will be prepared by chef Doug Paine. Also on the menu will be deer, bear, moose and muskrat.

Paine says it will be delicious and well worth trying. He says he's sure many residents haven't tried beaver but would probably like it if they did.

So are they running over roadkill just for this occasion or have they been saving up all that they have found recently?

For $75 I better be able to taste the tread...

Just to clarify, I have no problem with road kill. Been known to dabble a little myself, but I do have standards. If I can't bend a leg, I'm not loading it up...

...at least the KY hillbillies don't serve up roadkill

BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) — A fish and wild game supper is featuring some Vermont road kill on the menu.

New York's WPTZ-TV reports (Hotel Vermont to serve roadkill-inspired menu | Local News - WPTZ Home ) Hotel Vermont will offer three animals injured or killed on the road as it hosts the Wild About Vermont event on Nov. 7. The event will feature a game supper with donations from hunters and fishermen in the state.

Residents say it's a quirky and interesting idea.

The supper will cost $75 and will be prepared by chef Doug Paine. Also on the menu will be deer, bear, moose and muskrat.

Paine says it will be delicious and well worth trying. He says he's sure many residents haven't tried beaver but would probably like it if they did.

How soon we forget the Asian Ky Hillbillies

Chinese restaurant caught with roadkill in kitchen, Ky. report says - CBS News