Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Last chance to see NDA & Hentz play in NKY

Featured Replies

I just realized this is the last week to see NDA and Hentz play in NKY. Hentz made the USA National team (1 of only 12). If you read what those in the know say, she's considered the #1 player at her position (Libero?) in the country, is a finalist for the National POY, and is possibly a future Olympian. Has there been any other athlete in NKY with this kind of resume and national recognition in any sport? Seems like the kind of player down the road you'll want to be able to say you saw play in high school. May want to check them out while you can.

Only other athlete I could think of would be Shaun Alexander, possibly. But Hentz still needs has to perform at the next level, which I think she is very capable of.

Back in 1980 when volleyball was first sanctioned in KY, Lori Erpenbeck played for Villa Madonna. She went on to UK on a rare athletic scholarship and played for 4 years. She was in the Olympic pipeline but (I don't think) never made the final roster. She was a really big deal back then. Of course, she is probably more well known for role in the housing scandal that involved her brother Bill and father Tony in which she wore a wire and acted to help investigators. She served a year in prison for her role in the crimes.

 

With regard to volleyball, I think Hentz is the biggest deal from No. KY since as far as on a National scale.

 

I know NDA has had several Olympic level swimmers in the recent past but am not familiar with who.

 

But, I agree with the OP, I got to see Lori Erpenbeck play back then and I will never forget it. I feel the same way when I watch Hentz. Players like her don't come along very often. Go see and take your daughters with you (even if they aren't volleyball players). She is an incredible athlete and emulates everything that is good about high school level sports.

Best defensive player I have ever seen at the high school level. I could go on and on about her volleyball IQ and her ability to anticipate.

 

Unfortunately, I have haven't had the opportunity to see her play Open / National level tournaments against the top level talent her age. But I'm looking forward to seeing her play volleyball at the collegiate level. Unfortunately, we don't see the PAC-10 play as often, but I think we have their network on Time Warner. We'll have to start DVR'ing those games when they are on.

Special Player

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.