Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Weighted Baseballs??

Featured Replies

I have heard some say that weighted balls are great for improving arm strength, and I have heard others say they are terrible for your shoulder. Has anyone ever tried weighted balls.....Whatd you think about them??

I think they are great to get loose with. I wouldn't try throwing hard with them though.

I'm personally not a fan of weighted Baseballs, as they can add considerable stress to the joints of the shoulder and elbow. A normal Baseball weighs around the 5oz mark and does not cause strain, if lifted up.

 

Equate it taking a 5lb weight and lifting it straight up, more exertion is required to lift and therefore, more would be required to throw a weighted ball. The torque and snap on the elbow, is what really concerns me. Many pitchers have injured their arms, by the motion of throwing and snapping down and extra weight, will only add to the force necessary to throw.

 

I prefer working out with 5lb weights and bands, than throwing a Baseball or even a Football for long tossing, rather than using weighted baseballs. Just my preference.

I think the weighted balls would just cause undo stress injuries on teens. They tend to over do and think they're invincible as it is.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.