Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Yatesville Lake

Featured Replies

A buddy and I are thinking about heading down to Yatesville lake tomorrow to do some kayaking. I'm more of a paddler, he's more into the fishing aspect of it. Anyone have any experience paddling the lake and possible locations to put in where there is so good fishing close enough to paddle to?

A buddy and I are thinking about heading down to Yatesville lake tomorrow to do some kayaking. I'm more of a paddler, he's more into the fishing aspect of it. Anyone have any experience paddling the lake and possible locations to put in where there is so good fishing close enough to paddle to?

I'd drive all the way around and put in at the ramp by the campground in greenbrier. That's where I'd go for either.

  • Author
I'd drive all the way around and put in at the ramp by the campground in greenbrier. That's where I'd go for either.

 

Thanks spindoc. I'm not familiar with the lake that much. Coming from Ashland do you take the right at Hardee's to get there, or the right near the Walmart? I think the first will put you at the marina, the second will put you on the south end of the lake?

Thanks spindoc. I'm not familiar with the lake that much. Coming from Ashland do you take the right at Hardee's to get there, or the right near the Walmart? I think the first will put you at the marina, the second will put you on the south end of the lake?

Out 32. Follow the signs to the campground. There are primitive campsites by the water there by the ramp. Greenbrier is a great creek. It'll get you to the main lake easily with less traffic than the ramp by the dam. And the fishing in that creek this time of year can be pretty good. Have fun. Oh, it's not the Hardees turn. Its up and over the hill. Follow the signs.

  • Author
Out 32. Follow the signs to the campground. There are primitive campsites by the water there by the ramp. Greenbrier is a great creek. It'll get you to the main lake easily with less traffic than the ramp by the dam. And the fishing in that creek this time of year can be pretty good. Have fun. Oh, it's not the Hardees turn. Its up and over the hill. Follow the signs.

 

Thanks again spindoc. The wife got called out to work this morning so I had to stay home with the kids. Plan on heading down that way tomorrow though.

  • Author

@spindoc, bringing this thread back to ask you another question. Have you been to the ramp further out 32, past the turnoff (3215) to the campground? This ramp appears to be at the tail end of the lake, a little further out 32. We have been to the campground area and marina area's already, thought we would give this spot a try, just curious if you have ever ventured back to that part of the lake?

@spindoc, bringing this thread back to ask you another question. Have you been to the ramp further out 32, past the turnoff (3215) to the campground? This ramp appears to be at the tail end of the lake, a little further out 32. We have been to the campground area and marina area's already, thought we would give this spot a try, just curious if you have ever ventured back to that part of the lake?

Gosh, I have fished it, but really only put in in Greenbrier. Are you talking about Rich Creek? I have fished up there quite a bit. I like it in the spring mostly, not sure why. Seems the water was warmer there early.

  • Author
Gosh, I have fished it, but really only put in in Greenbrier. Are you talking about Rich Creek? I have fished up there quite a bit. I like it in the spring mostly, not sure why. Seems the water was warmer there early.

 

Yeah I believe it's Rich Creek. It's in the Richmond branch/Graham Hollow area. I've never been back there, but figured we would give it a try.

Yeah I believe it's Rich Creek. It's in the Richmond branch/Graham Hollow area. I've never been back there, but figured we would give it a try.

Good luck, let us know how you do.

  • Author

Just got back home about an hour ago, really good fishing back there. I didn't fish, but a couple of the other guys did, between them they caught a handful of bass between 1-3 pounds and about 30 bluegill. The bass were frisky today, jumping around all over the place, about a 2 pounder nearly jumped right in my kayak while I was watching the other guys fish.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.