7th Region Draw

That ought to be a fun few days of baseball. Is the tournament bracketed the way you have it listed with the possibility of Male and Trinity in the semifinal?

Also, is the tournament still at Eastern High? That's a great facility they have there.

I like the draw St. X received. If they play the way they are capable of they shouldn't have a problem with the Creek which would set up a great match up with the Eastern - Ballard survivor. The Tigers knocked off Eastern 6-0 a few weeks ago, but their game with Ballard was rained out.

Male and Trinity will be an awesome game in the other semifinal as both Atherton and J'town pose no real threat.

With this being Coach White's final season with the Tigers I would like nothing better then a regional championship; however, I believe you will see Male vs. Eastern in the finals with possibly one of the greatest pitching matchups of the year.

P.S. All games will be played at UofL.

:thumb:

I have often wondered if God would like to forget Ohio period.The land was blessed but the people amess.

back to the topic:first round winners, Trinity,Male, Eastern, St.X

Trinity vs. Male (Male has too much small ball for Rocks to overcome)

Eastern Vs. St.X ( X -men show their love for Joe White)

Male vs. St.X (Male 'small balls' its way to a regional title)

Male ----7th region champs........even though ST.X caught the best break in the draw

I have often wondered if God would like to forget Ohio period.The land was blessed but the people amess.

back to the topic:first round winners, Trinity,Male, Eastern, St.X

Trinity vs. Male (Male has too much small ball for Rocks to overcome)

Eastern Vs. St.X ( X -men show their love for Joe White)

Male vs. St.X (Male 'small balls' its way to a regional title)

Male ----7th region champs........even though ST.X caught the best break in the draw

Trinity caught the best break IMO by drawing Atherton

Drawing Atherton or Fern Creek is a lucky draw, BUT, Eastern has to go right at Ballard or its curtains, so they must throw a No.1 (Chowning), because Ballard can beat anyone with Deathridge on the hill. Ballard or Eastern will face X with a No.2 , and that could be Ballard, then they are not near as tough as when 'Death' is pitching.While Male and Trinity both have opening game laughers , they can load up for their duel, and that makes their bracket tough. X can hold their No.1 for the second game and face a No.2 (from Eastern or Ballard) giving them a decided advantage. So , X did get the best draw to me no matter how you slice it. If they had drawn Trinity or Eastern in the first round , they throw their No. 1 in the first round .And Male is the team to beat with Eastern being a slight second.X could win the region without facing anybodys' ace pitcher !

X could win the region without facing anybodys' ace pitcher !

Sounds like a good deal to me; however, X does have a history of slipping in the post season play. Hopefully this year will be different.

GO ST.X TIGERS!

:thumb:

Drawing Atherton or Fern Creek is a lucky draw, BUT, Eastern has to go right at Ballard or its curtains, so they must throw a No.1 (Chowning), because Ballard can beat anyone with Deathridge on the hill. Ballard or Eastern will face X with a No.2 , and that could be Ballard, then they are not near as tough as when 'Death' is pitching.While Male and Trinity both have opening game laughers , they can load up for their duel, and that makes their bracket tough. X can hold their No.1 for the second game and face a No.2 (from Eastern or Ballard) giving them a decided advantage. So , X did get the best draw to me no matter how you slice it. If they had drawn Trinity or Eastern in the first round , they throw their No. 1 in the first round .And Male is the team to beat with Eastern being a slight second.X could win the region without facing anybodys' ace pitcher !

Chowning is tough, but Baldini is pretty tough as well. You are correct that Male is the team to beat... but the one thing I know is you never know. The Rocks played some pretty inspired ball at Patterson last year.

Chowning is tough, but Baldini is pretty tough as well. You are correct that Male is the team to beat... but the one thing I know is you never know. The Rocks played some pretty inspired ball at Patterson last year.

Indeed the Rocks always play inspired under Coach T. Look for X to be inspired so that they can carry Coach White off the field.

Had to bump this . I should have went across the street and then maybe I could have something in my pocket for being a prophet. (Churchill Downs is across the street for those of you who don't live in Louisville)