Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood @ Holmes 9/10 Predictions

Beechwood v Holmes 11 members have voted

  1. 1. Beechwood v Holmes

    • Beechwood
      45%
    • Holmes
      54%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Beechwood (0-7)visits Holmes (1-4) on Thursday in a district seeding game! Who wins and why?

Will the winner of this match likely face Cov Latin in the first round of Districts and the looser likely to face Holy Cross? Big game, Holmes wins in a close game.

Since there are now 5 teams in this district, I believe that the loser of this game will probably be playing Cov Latin for the right to play Cov Cath at districts. The winner will probably play Holy Cross at districts. I know that Holmes beat Cov Latin earlier this year but that was in the Calvary tournament and not for district seeding. Latin still has to play both Beechwood and Holmes for district seeding. HC has already beaten these 3 teams so I believe they will be the second seed for districts. Holmes is the only team that has played Cov Cath in district and the other 3 do not have them scheduled.

 

From a thread from last year, I believe that the coaches in this district concede the #1 seed to Cov Cath for the district.

  • Author

Holmes still has district seeding games for HC Beechwood and CovLat.

 

Holmes and Beechwood both played HC in tournament games so those games do not go toward district seeding.

 

So the 2-5 seeds are still to be determined.

 

This game is huge for both teams, bc no one wants to face CCH in the first round.

You are correct - didn't realize the Beechwood /HC game earlier was part of the All A tourney. I think that we can agree that Cov Latin will be the 5 seed and that nobody wants the 4 seed. Even though HC won against Beechwood & Holmes earlier, I think that the games could be a coin toss as to who wins the next time around.

  • Author

I agree with you completely! Holmes Beechwood and Holy Cross are all pretty even matched teams! All the match ups will be good games! It should be interesting how this will play out!

I think Holmes will beat Beechwood - just more options on offense as opposed to only #4 Moses for Beechwood. Holmes better have some body that is very quick to mark #4 or Beechwood could get their first win of the season.

Holmes has more options, but if they don't work together as a team they will lose..I've noticed at a game I was at their players like to play with the ball! Should be interesting to see this one play out. What time Thursday is the game?

  • Author

7 o'clock but I believe there is a JV game before

I just saw Beechwood play yesterday against ncc and they lost 4-1; however, ncc didn't score until 10 minutes left in the first half and didn't score at all in the second half. Beechwood looked very good for most of the game besides those last 10 minutes of the first half.

7 o'clock but I believe there is a JV game before

 

I don't think either team has a jv...do they?

I just saw Beechwood play yesterday against ncc and they lost 4-1; however, ncc didn't score until 10 minutes left in the first half and didn't score at all in the second half. Beechwood looked very good for most of the game besides those last 10 minutes of the first half.

 

NCC scored all 4 of their goals in a ten minute stretch at the end of the first half?

Not sure what to make of this…is Beechwood better then expected or NCC struggling more then they appear to be?

NCC scored all 4 of their goals in a ten minute stretch at the end of the first half?

Not sure what to make of this…is Beechwood better then expected or NCC struggling more then they appear to be?

 

YES

  • Author
I don't think either team has a jv...do they?

 

I know Holmes does.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.