Scott High School vs. Conner High School

Dpost

Scott played a very solid game. Conner performed nowhere near their usual level for some reason. Game 3 was a disaster for them defensively. They have a strong line up of hitters with Cali Helinski, Taylor Koors, and Lauryn Watts but the defense couldn't make a pass. Dee Atwood is able to set up a lot of marginal passes but the defense gave her nothing to work with.

If you get a chance to watch Conner another time you'll see it wasn't simply Scott overpowering them but the Cougars self destructing for some reason. They finished 3rd this weekend beating Oldham so obviously they can play better than what Scott saw them do the other night. I'm not sure they would beat Scott but it would have been a better game.

Cincy, you may have misunderstood what I meant. The feed back that I had gotten on the first 2 games was what I beleive to be more representative of thier high level caliber of play. However, what I saw in the 3rd game was how good the Lady Eagles could be. Each volley had somebody different finishing the play (not just Tapp or Franxman) and as a result The Lady Cougars were kept off balance not knowing where the next big hit was coming from. Take nothing away from the Lady Cougars, they have some great talent and some real height. I just think that 3rd game was an illustration of just how good Scott can be.

Got to watch the Lady Cougars vs Oldham Co. Love the way they play. Their hitters are tall and long armed and when they are on they are very effective. I look for them to improve by leaps and bounds and make some real noise at seasons end.

Good luck Lady Cougars

Conner just beat Cooper and they previously beat Boone so Region 33 may have an interesting playoff this year. Their biggest competition next to Ryle is probably themselves. If the whole team plays well at the same time they are a very strong team. Who makes it into regional play this year out of the 33rd is anyone's guess.