Allen Central 6 Knott Central 3 -- Game 1

Brock Kidd got the start and went 2 innings before coming out due to a high pitch count. He struggled finding the zone but kept the Rebels close. Tyler Turner came on for 2 innings and picked up the win earning his 9th win of the season. Scott Little finished the 5th inning closing it down and picking up his 2nd save of the season. Troy Smith started and pitched well until the 4th when the Rebels planted 3 straight hits with 2 doubles. The Rebels had a big 4th scoring 6 runs.

Game 2 featured 8th Grader Logan Crowder on the hill for AC for his first career start at the varsity level. He had 2 K's and no hits through the first inning. The Rebs posted 9 runs in the bottom half of the 1st, including one towering shot hit by Scott Little. The game was suspended until Wed. at 5 pm due to darkness. It will continue as played @ Stumbo Park.

Game 1 made the Rebels 19-8 on the season. They have set the school record for wins in a single season.

Good win for the Rebels in the first game. Smith held AC scoreless for 4 inninings.

I have no problem with AC or the parents. They are a great bunch of people and we enjoy playing the Rebels. But, the ref behind the plate last night really "squeezed" the Patriots the last couple of innings. There was no doubt about it. KCC should have been out of the 4th inning twice. But strikes not being called and a play at first that should hae been an out, kept that from happening. Umps should be right down the middle. And we all know that isn't going to happen all the time. Still, this guy took what was a very good game and turned it into a circus at the end. Umps like that have no reason to be umping, JMO.

Like I said, I have nothing against AC, they are a great bunch of people.

Good win for the Rebels in the first game. Smith held AC scoreless for 4 inninings.

I have no problem with AC or the parents. They are a great bunch of people and we enjoy playing the Rebels. But, the ref behind the plate last night really "squeezed" the Patriots the last couple of innings. There was no doubt about it. KCC should have been out of the 4th inning twice. But strikes not being called and a play at first that should hae been an out, kept that from happening. Umps should be right down the middle. And we all know that isn't going to happen all the time. Still, this guy took what was a very good game and turned it into a circus at the end. Umps like that have no reason to be umping, JMO.

Like I said, I have nothing against AC, they are a great bunch of people.

Yea, the umpire has been like that all season. AC has had him a couple of times, and believe you me, he isn't one-sided. I'd say there were some close calls that could have went either way. AC had a few that looked good as well that he squeezed on. He really squeezed them a few games ago, and it came back to hurt. That's just his style I guess. As the game progresses he gets tighter and tighter. There hasn't been many that haven't complained about him in some way or another.

Also, I've heard quite many good things about the boys from KCC and AC. They've played together during summer ball and have gotten to know each other really well. Although in different regions the schools may be closer than to any other. I really enjoyed seeing the 2 teams come together after the game for pizza. The friendship between the players is really inspiring as well.