Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Slusher at Nike

Featured Replies

Brent had a good day at the Nike Camp in Athens. Top 5 in two events, seventh highest SPARQ rating of almost 500, looked good in drills.

 

Also posted a 38.5 vertical at Adidas.

Where can you see the results? Several people at the baseball game last night were saying that all three participants from Mboro (Hoskins, Breeding, & Earls) ran their 40's in the 4.6's, so I tried to find them on the internet, but couldn't get into the website.

 

Several others had talked about what a good showing Trevor Hoskins had at the Elite Eleven, but I couldn't find anything on that either. Can you help?

Slusher's official results from the Athens Nike Combine:

 

Ht: 6'3

Wt: 221

40yd dash: 4.87

Shuttle: 4.06

185 Reps: 18

Vertical: 36.9

Slusher's official results from the Athens Nike Combine:

 

Ht: 6'3

Wt: 221

40yd dash: 4.87

Shuttle: 4.06

185 Reps: 18

Vertical: 36.9

 

That shuttle time looks really good for a kid his size.....but the 40 could use some improvement. The good thing is that with hard work, and seeing the shuttle time, Slusher could easily drop that 40 a tenth of a second.

  • Author

Brent's 40 was actually less than that and Student Sports in supposed to correct it.

Rivals has ran several articles referring to what a good showing he had; however, he had a bad night the night before. He found out Friday night that a basketball teammate had died in an ATV accident....

 

As far as the Elite 11, their was an article that mentioned the competition winner and others that were commented upon for their performances. I didn't see anyone from KY mentioned out of around 25. The competition winner was a sophomore (rising junior).

  • Author
The good thing is that with hard work, and seeing the shuttle time, Slusher could easily drop that 40 a tenth of a second.

 

Slusher's form isn't the best in the 40.....he is capable of doing better. The good thing is that the recruiters say that they can take care of that. They know with the shuttle and film he's faster than that. I can tell you that I have heard over and over "We're not recruiting a track star" or "Just because someone can run fast straight ahead doesn't mean they can play football". This is why they do one-on-ones and drills.

 

Like I said, to be in the top 7 of almost 500 testing in the "hotbed" area is not bad. His performance really helped his stock because some of the blazing fast kids didn't do well in drills and one on ones.

Slusher's form isn't the best in the 40.....he is capable of doing better. The good thing is that the recruiters say that they can take care of that. They know with the shuttle and film he's faster than that. I can tell you that I have heard over and over "We're not recruiting a track star" or "Just because someone can run fast straight ahead doesn't mean they can play football."

Like I said, to be in the top 7 of almost 500 testing in the "hotbed" area is not bad. His performance really helped his stock because some of the blazing fast kids didn't do well in drills and one on ones.

 

 

If more colleges recruited with this mindset we'd probably even see better football at the collegiate level than we are now, and its pretty good as is.

  • Author

I think lateral speed is just as (or more) important. I see some great 40 times with not-so-great shuttles and it makes me think that the kid probably wouldn't be so fast on the field and might not react fast.

I think lateral speed is just as (or more) important. I see some great 40 times with not-so-great shuttles and it makes me think that the kid probably wouldn't be so fast on the field and might not react fast.

 

Lateral movement is the most important in my opinion, and it seems Slusher has plenty of that.

If Brent had posted a 4.7 40 yard dash at the Nike camp, which is usually what he runs (I believe he ran that at the Army All American Combine) then I would assume he may have been top 3 in the Sparq rating.

 

Slusher is just an amazingly impressive athlete.

The difference in the 40 times is most likely because the Army Combine was hand-timed, and the NIKE Combine was electronic. 4.87 is not a bad time for electronic.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.