Allen Central 5 Leslie County 3

Habakkuk

Nick Music pitched brilliantly for the Rebels through 5 and then Turner took over in relief to lead the Rebels to victory and the first loss of the season to Leslie County. This was a competitive game, and a great game to watch. I'm not sure the name of the kid who pitched for Leslie, but he struggled a bit early but settled down and pitched well for the Eagles. AC hit the ball really well -- no major hits, but hits they needed to move base runners. They played some small ball and bunted when they needed, then got hits when they needed. They are playing good baseball. I think that is 7 in a row for the Rebels.

They also won last night over Prestonsburg. Final score was AC 14, P'burg 12

I don't think this loss or Lee County's recent loss really change the 14th region picture at all. It is next to impossible for any baseball team to play 30 or so games without getting beat sometime. Leslie and Lee both have beaten a rock solid Cumberland team in the last week or so, Cumberland obviously threw a top pitcher at Lee, being as the game was so important to both teams, and probably did the same against Leslie. Both teams can expect this, especially from region teams taking their best shot against top two contenders, and the going will just get tougher for both teams as the season goes on.