Fern Creek/ DeSales Prediction (6th region semi-finals)

Who wins?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Fern Creek
    • DeSales

All season long DeSales has been chasing Doss. After multiple losses including a District Championship loss, DeSales needs to get past Fern Creek in order to get one more shot at Doss (assuming Doss beats Bullitt East in the first game on Tuesday night). DeSales and Fern Creek have not played this season, but Fern Creek has been just outside of the Top 3 teams in the 6th region. Now they get their chance to lay claim for being the spoiler to DeSales and move to the final game of the 6th region championship.

If Fern Creek were to beat DeSales, it would mark the 1st time in over 30 years that Fern Creek has made it to a Regional Final. DeSales won their division for a State Football Championship this year and the basketball ride to the finals will need to be on the shoulders of Chase Shellman. If Fern Creek breaks the curse a big part of that is on the shoulders of three freshmen, Wales, Price, & Hill who have teamed up with Junior Transfer Tony Washington to form a nucleus that were not even students at Fern Creek last season. The winner will likely not be favored in the 6th championship game, but both teams will be ready to continue on to Rupp if given the chance.

I think Desales wins on execution, and no answer for Shellman. Fern Creek could give Desales trouble with their press, and are much more athletic as far as getting to the rim. I don't see Desales extending their defense that much though. If Washington is shooting well from outside Fern Creek has a chance though.

I think Desales wins on execution, and no answer for Shellman. Fern Creek could give Desales trouble with their press, and are much more athletic as far as getting to the rim. I don't see Desales extending their defense that much though. If Washington is shooting well from outside Fern Creek has a chance though.

I agree with your analysis, it should come down to contrasting styles and who is able to impose their style and who is not. This will be a game that coaching could have a significant impact because of the things you want to do defensively to alter the other team's primary scoring threats.

You could not have as different style teams or coaches than you do in this game. The veteran senior led team in DeSales with the experienced Coach Crews, or the team that just came together under the leadership of 2nd year Coach Schooler.