Prestonsburg Example Player?

o-line

I just wondered which Blackcat was chosen to set the example for the rest of the team this year since this week was spring break, and a good opportunity would have presented itself for a player to get squeezed out of the team after choosing not to give up his break, not unlike last year. Or did every player give up their spring break this year for baseball, and foil that plan? :irked: Anyone familiar with the program have knowledge of this? :sssh:

I have no idea on the spring break and who stayed with the team and who didn't. Off topic but I was wondering how the Cats baseball team is looking this year and are there some good young players coming up for Pburg? Do the good athletes at Prestonsburg for the most part not play baseball or in your opinion o-line is baseball just not taken very seriously at Pburg?

Pburg should be one of the top teams in the 15th region and the top team in the 58th district most season with all the good athletes that go to school there imo. I know in the late 90s Prestonsburg had some good baseball teams...I think they were beat out by the eventual region champs in 98 and 99 in very good games.

Good luck to the Blackcats this year...when will the new field at Stonecrest(I think I heard thats where they are going to have their baseball field) be ready?

Ive wondered this as well. P'Burg always seems to have the best athletes in Floyd County, but for some reason always has the worst baseball team. I never understood this being that good athletic football/basketball players are normally at least average baseball players. What has been wrong with P'Burg in baseball? Is it coaching? Little League programs? Lack of Interest? Just curious.

I have no idea on the spring break and who stayed with the team and who didn't. Off topic but I was wondering how the Cats baseball team is looking this year and are there some good young players coming up for Pburg? Do the good athletes at Prestonsburg for the most part not play baseball or in your opinion o-line is baseball just not taken very seriously at Pburg?

Pburg should be one of the top teams in the 15th region and the top team in the 58th district most season with all the good athletes that go to school there imo. I know in the late 90s Prestonsburg had some good baseball teams...I think they were beat out by the eventual region champs in 98 and 99 in very good games.

Good luck to the Blackcats this year...when will the new field at Stonecrest(I think I heard thats where they are going to have their baseball field) be ready?

Your query is very much related, Game, even if you think it's not. A very talented 3-sport athlete was discouraged from being a part of last year's team due to his desire to get away(for the first time in 4 years) during spring break after spending most of any free time he had in the preceeding year first with football, and then with basketball. And this need was obvious in any discussions prior to that week. So I then totally lost interest in the program after discovering that Stephens was the one singled out, apparently to set some sort of example for the rest of the team last year, and relegated to irregular and out of position play(and no play at all) from which he took the hint. But I can tell you that he was, if not the most serious, one who took the field with fire in his eyes in each and every game. And he had played alongside fellow 3-sport athletes in the preceeding years who shared the same love and enthusiasm for the game, but it seems that fewer multi-sport athletes each year over the last 5 or 6 years have been playing, and it has started to become ladened with more single sport athletes, especially after the departure of the senior class prior to last year who, while very athletic and talented, suffered from the customary(over the last 5 or 6 years, or more even?) late beginning and extremely brief schedule not conducive to competitive baseball. So, while I know Stephens' brother, another 3-sport(and serious) athlete, is playing this year(and just took this week off for spring break!), I cannot tell you who is playing or even what to expect from this year's team! :confused: Like I said, I totally lost interest last year!

And I have heard, fairly recently, that the Stonecrest field won't be ready for this year, but that it's not very far away from being ready. So we can still hope for games to be played on the hill, even if sometime late in the season. :thumb: It's quite possible that I'll even take in a game, just to find out for myself the answers you seek. :D

Ive wondered this as well. P'Burg always seems to have the best athletes in Floyd County, but for some reason always has the worst baseball team. I never understood this being that good athletic football/basketball players are normally at least average baseball players. What has been wrong with P'Burg in baseball? Is it coaching? Little League programs? Lack of Interest? Just curious.

I hope I've shed a little light on your questions as well. :thumb:

I hope I've shed a little light on your questions as well. :thumb:

Yes you have, and thanks. :thumb:

On a side note, I cannot wait to see the new field at Stone Crest, the times I have played golf their, the baseball field looks like it will be nice, and a nice baseball field is something all schools in Floyd County have been missing for a while.

Yes you have, and thanks. :thumb:

On a side note, I cannot wait to see the new field at Stone Crest, the times I have played golf their, the baseball field looks like it will be nice, and a nice baseball field is something all schools in Floyd County have been missing for a while.

Yes, it will be a fantastic facility for all the teams who play there, but that will still leave the Floyd County Board of Education without a single baseball field they can call their own(or were they finally able to incorporate one into the new South Floyd football complex?)! :creepy: Isn't that strange? :sleep:

o-line, I thought of you when I read that Prestonsburg was missing a lot of players due to spring break...

So, it was either a personal thing between the player and coach or, since no other player left during spring break last year the coach determined it was a mistake and decided not to deter them from leaving for this year's spring break, think? ;)

And I've yet to see a score posted for P-burg so, apparently, things have returned to old form. Mike Hall has a recent score up so it can't be due to basketball players playing in the regional tournament, especially with the other teams getting some work in, especially Johnson Central. So, even if the players are serious about the game, they're still not getting any early work to help them down the road. :irked: And that's too bad...