Ryle 66 Cooper 42

I read a bunch of things in an old thread Ryle/NCC game awhile back. Lots of talk about Cooper being on the upswing and Ryle having players but no coaching. Surprised there isn't much discussion going on after this score from the other night.

Cooper is on the up swing, but still very young. So you don't always know what you're going to get out of young players.

As for Ryle, regardless of coaching (which I can't speak to), they still have talent and size. Sometimes that just takes over.

Cooper is on the up swing, but still very young. So you don't always know what you're going to get out of young players.

As for Ryle, regardless of coaching (which I can't speak to), they still have talent and size. Sometimes that just takes over.

Cooper really lacks the height to combat a taller team!

Guest Scotty2hotty
I read a bunch of things in an old thread Ryle/NCC game awhile back. Lots of talk about Cooper being on the upswing and Ryle having players but no coaching. Surprised there isn't much discussion going on after this score from the other night.

Dont know what discussion your looking for but here goes. Ryle has almost all aau players, Cooper has 3. Ryle has 6 players over 6 foot, Cooper has 0. Ryle plays 9 girls, Cooper plays 7 and 2 of those were out. You get the point. That being said I believe Coopers time will come in the next couple years as they have the young talent and coaching. Cooper starts 3 freshmen and 1 sophmore only has 2 seniors that play and no juniors on the roster. We play Scott County, Highlands, Simon Kenton, Holmes, and Holy Cross coming up and probably will not win one of those games does not change the fact that Cooper is on the upswing and has top level coaching. Check out Coopers schedule when you get a chance, there is literally not one game that Cooper would consider a "gimme". My only point was that Ryle should be in the discussion with teams such as Highlands and Holmes, but they are not and once again imo it has something to do with the coaching. Once again this is my opinion.

Cooper is on the up swing' date=' but still very young. So you don't always know what you're going to get out of young players. As for Ryle, regardless of coaching (which I can't speak to), they still have talent and size. Sometimes that just takes over.[/quote']

Agreed..Cooper has some talent and well coached but could not overcome Ryles length.. Suspect there must have been 20 blocks by lady Raiders..6'2 forward Jump had 13 blocks on way to a triple double...surprised Cooper didn't pull it outside to try and win on jump shots..but they definitely have some young talent.