Holy Cross 68 Boone County 37

Holy Cross' defense was stingy -- just flat-out didn't give Boone open looks at the basket. 4 points in 1st quarter, 12 at half-time. Contested every shot, kept dribblers far from basket. Very few shots in the paint, even tho HC still missing one of the twins and the other was on the bench with foul trouble.

Edited by hittheboards19

from the Enquirer:

Holy Cross 68, Boone County 37

Holy Cross (4-0) - Turner 7 0 17, McClendon 7 2 16, Hassert 2 1 5, C. Turner 2 2 6, Gabbard 1 1 4, Tucker 4 1 11, Beal 1 1 3, A. Mayhaus 3 0 6. Totals: 27 8 68.

Boone County (3-2) - Ford 1 3 5, McGarr 1 1 3, Foster 3 5 14, Switzer 2 0 4, Moore 4 1 9, Anderson 1 0 2. Totals: 12 10 37.

Holy Cross' defense was stingy -- just flat-out didn't give Boone open looks at the basket. 4 points in 1st quarter, 12 at half-time. Contested every shot, kept dribblers far from basket. Very few shots in the paint, even tho HC still missing one of the twins and the other was on the bench with foul trouble.

Holy Cross in my mind is the best team in the Region. I haven't seen Highlands or New Cath play yet but Holy Cross was very impressive. Boone got open looks just didn't hit any shots. Credit to HC defense, hitting the boards and not allowing Boone any second chances. The fact also is Boone was only about 20% from the field and that might be giving them a little. They missed wide open shots and layups which you cant do against HC. Now, am I saying that would have made a huge difference? Most likely not but the score wouldn't have been so lop sided. Good luck to both teams moving on.