Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Scott 3 George Rogers Clark 1

Featured Replies

No details but saw the score posted. I did hear that Scott received a red card in the game.

What was the card for.......dissent, clean but unlucky hard play, or the opposite of that?

 

 

 

So now the argument about no one from last year has received on this year is no longer valid.

 

 

So was the player sent to the JV tournament like last year?

No oldtime he was not sent to the JV tournament. Also for all of your satisfaction it was a double yellow, first was given for correcting the center official, the official called an infraction inside the Scott penalty box but didn't signal for a PK, all players were confused and asking questions, Hegerty asked "Sir what was the call?" The official responded with "obstruction" Hegerty responded with "Sir, obstruction isn't a real thing it's called impeding, right?" the official gave a caution for decent, second caution was for "kicking the ball away after the whistle" which if you were watching the game, you would of saw and heard that he kicked it simultaneously when the whistle was blown, the official then gave Hegerty his second caution. IMO both were undeserved and the official was not giving any warnings, only cards if the players made mistakes. All in all there were about 6 yellows and 2 reds, one to each team.

So dissent for the first and unlucky timing for the second......perhaps after the first he should have been pulled to protect him from the second?

No oldtime he was not sent to the JV tournament. Also for all of your satisfaction it was a double yellow, first was given for correcting the center official, the official called an infraction inside the Scott penalty box but didn't signal for a PK, all players were confused and asking questions, Hegerty asked "Sir what was the call?" The official responded with "obstruction" Hegerty responded with "Sir, obstruction isn't a real thing it's called impeding, right?" the official gave a caution for decent, second caution was for "kicking the ball away after the whistle" which if you were watching the game, you would of saw and heard that he kicked it simultaneously when the whistle was blown, the official then gave Hegerty his second caution. IMO both were undeserved and the official was not giving any warnings, only cards if the players made mistakes. All in all there were about 6 yellows and 2 reds, one to each team.

So there are a few issue with this. Problem is that in high school it is still called obstruction. So he wasn't right anyway. Second issue is that he clearly knew what the call was regardless of what it was called so the comment was only to be a smart.... well you fill in the rest.

:popcorn:

 

Love any threat that has "Scott" in the title... Just an outside observer... have my opinions but really like to see what the experts who watch the team say.....

 

:popcorn:

Would have been a good idea.......if only Scott had the amount of players to do so because the JV squad was playing regionals at the same time. Scott played with exactly 11 players, which means no subs. They also had to play a man down at times due to players needing a break because of injuries. The only time Scott was able to play a full squad in this game was the last 10 minutes.......when some of the JV players that play Varsity came back.

Tough situation for the players and hopefully no serious injuries.....

 

 

Have always been lucky to be around a program that didn't have the numbers issues, but I understand it can be an issue for the smaller schools.

 

With that said.......I guess my only question.......did the JV team have the same issue with numbers?

 

If they did.....tough situation ......if they didn't then it sounds as if the Coach put the JV program above the Varsity game.....and caused the situation that put the players at risk. Do you know how many subs the JV team had?

 

I am truly just asking......I have a feeling that it is a numbers issue. I saw the CCH/Scott JV game and think I only saw 5 on the bench and 3 left early and went to warm up with V........

Tough situation for the players and hopefully no serious injuries.....

 

 

Have always been lucky to be around a program that didn't have the numbers issues, but I understand it can be an issue for the smaller schools.

 

With that said.......I guess my only question.......did the JV team have the same issue with numbers?

 

If they did.....tough situation ......if they didn't then it sounds as if the Coach put the JV program above the Varsity game.....and caused the situation that put the players at risk. Do you know how many subs the JV team had?

 

I am truly just asking......I have a feeling that it is a numbers issue. I saw the CCH/Scott JV game and think I only saw 5 on the bench and 3 left early and went to warm up with V........

 

I also feel that it is a numbers issue, I saw the same thing when Cooper played Scott. If I remember correctly, one of the boys that was playing JV also started Varsity, seemed like a few others also played considerable minutes in the Varsity match that day.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.