Newport Central Catholic/Covington Catholic

I saw the game and thought hmmmmm : the colonels cane out like they had something to prove. They won every 50/50 ball and made Ncc defense chase them all over the field in the first half. Second half started with CC winning 2-0 and playing the same style soccer creating many opportunities to score. With about 22 minutes left Ncc scored off a throw in.( set pieces seem to be their bread and butter) with 20 seconds left and down 2-1 Ncc scores an own goal. Maybe the first Ncc goal in the run of play all year, according to the posts I've read.

All in all CC was the better team and deserved the win, Ncc has some work to do if they plan to get out of their district lol.....

Both teams played well....NCC does have some weapons.....great throw in......like a more controlled corner kick......hope the NCC player that went down is OK.....

CCH subbed more this game than any this year.......response was first goal by Pohlabeln , who subbed in at right outside defender....second of the year.

Second goal by Ballow who followed up a nice volley by Adam Flynn which deflected off the post. Ballow was in the right place with a very good low finish taking it out of the air.

Third goal was the shot by Ballow that deflected off a defender ( I agree..not an own goal). NCC could not clear the ball after a great run and cross by Day and Ballow had a nose for the ball.

Already reported the lone NCC goal came off a header on a throw in......apologies for not knowing players number......it was very nice form.

I counted 3 shots on goal by NCC ....one which went in, but CCH keep had no chance.

Nice job by the NCC keep.....very talented.