Cooper/Conner predictions

FastForward

Anyone care to make a prediction on who will win this 33rd District matchup tomorrow night at Cooper?

I'd like to say Cooper, but they seem to be stuck in a rut lately!! Conner seems to be a team that has talent but doesn't actually believe in themselves. If both teams are mentally in the game playing at 100%, it will be a battle at the net with Cooper taking the advantage. Conner is strong blocking, the libero has great passing, quickness & covers the blocks/tips very good, so defensively better than Cooper, but Cooper has multiple strong hitters which makes Cooper offensively better!! Either way it should be a great game to watch!!

I think cooper wins this one but you just don't know. Cooper hasn't won in over a week and seem to be 'tired' to me. They either need a kick in the pants or a few days off. I'm not sure which!

You are the 2nd person I've heard mention Cooper looks "tired"!! By this point in the season, I would think teams would be in good condition but maybe there is such a thing as "too many" tourney games!! I hear Conner will be without Atwood at setter, so I think Cooper has to win this one or some will never let them live it down!!! With Atwood, Conner might have played with Cooper but not sure who they have as backup?! I think the libero set part time last year but from what I've seen they can't afford to pull her off of backrow for defense!!

Cooper wins 3-0 (25-8, 25-15, 25-16). Complete dominance by Cooper beginning to end. Cooper started off the set 10-0. Conner's back up setter was actually very good, perhaps even better than Atwood. Cooper defense was on fire and let nothing drop. Cooper looked very tired last week and this past weekend, but they looked refreshed and very good tonight.

Cooper wins 3-0 (25-8, 25-15, 25-16). Complete dominance by Cooper beginning to end. Cooper started off the set 10-0. Conner's back up setter was actually very good, perhaps even better than Atwood. Cooper defense was on fire and let nothing drop. Cooper looked very tired last week and this past weekend, but they looked refreshed and very good tonight.

I was very happy with Cooper's performance tonight!! They looked like the team I boasted about early in the season!! They wanted & needed this win bad!!! I was disappointed when I heard Atwood would be out with an injury & thought they may pull the libero to set. I've seen Bolter as libero & she is a beast on the back row!!! It showed tonight how important she is on that backrow because Conner had no defense tonight. I, too was impressed with her setting skills as well. She can jump out of the gym, strong hitting & blocking, just all around good player!!! No team can win without defense & hopefully Conner will get Atwood back so they can get their defense back!!!

Congrats to the Lady Jags!!! Keep it up!!!

I have to add that while Bolter did a great job setting, I wouldn't say she is better than Atwood. She is definitely better than just a "backup" setter especially since she probably hasn't practiced setting this season & Atwood was injured on Saturday, Bolter had 1 practice if that to get ready. That fact along with the fact she would be facing a very hungry Cooper team, showed a great deal of poise, confidence & willingness to step up for her team. I remember her setting last year & I think she was pulled from setting to the backrow because of her excellent serve receive & passing skills. That shows she is clearly a Coach's dream player being ready & willing to do whatever is asked of her. I think Conner found out the hard way tonight that they can't afford to play without Bolter on that backrow full-time!!!