Lexington Soccer Showcase

Boone played Lafayette at Lafayette tonight (Friday).

The game began but dark clouds hovered overhead. Lafayette used nice clean passes to keep pressure on the Boone goal. Boone goalie came out to get the ball at the top of the box and a Lafayette player was there at the same time. Keeper couldn't get a handle on it and the Lexington boy kicked it in the goal. Boone keeper protested that the Lafayette player ran into him and the ref agreed erasing the goal. It appears the Rebels got away with one that time and the score remained tied at zero.

Boone had several runs at the Lafayette goal but not really any good shots. The game was not even halfway into the first period when a delay was called due to lightening. It rained hard for awhile. Dunbar was scheduled to play a team from Bowling Green later on the same field. That game was cancelled.

The Boone game resumed at 8 p.m. There was still lightening flashing in the area. Boone looked a little better as they played a bit more in the Lafayette end, though the team from Lex had some opportunities. Game was called due to the lightening. Score was 0 - 0. Hard rain and thunderstorm throughout Lexington for the next hour.

Boone plays at Bryan Station Saturday at 8:30 am and again at 7 pm against Tates Creek.

Just a quick update of this morning's action... Boone overwhelmed a struggling Bryan Station team. Bryan Station's goalie was playing in only his 2nd game. He actually did an admirable job though he did make some bad decisions in coming out of the goal too far. Multiple scorers for Boone. Thamann had a hat trick. Downs had two goals and nearly put another in. Final score... Boone 7 Bryan Station 1.

Boone will face a loaded Tates Creek team tonight at 7. I heard (correctly?) they beat Dunbar earlier this week 2-0.

Edited by hoops5
rule 8

I don't see any record of Dunbar and Tates Creek playing. Tates Creek was beaten 4-1 by Bowling Green by the looks of it. Looks like BG also beat Henry Clay 4-1. Sounds like BG has a pretty good team as I thought HC was going to be pretty good this year.

Yep, Tates Creek is loaded. Their whole team is pretty quick. They used quickness to the ball and excellent passing to score 4 goals. Boone finally scored near the end of the match with a header on a goal kick. Their top player is fast with terrific foot skills--Hernandez, I believe. They have a handful of African players that speak very little English as the ref found out but they communicate well with one another on the field.

Final TC 4, Boone 1. At least it didn't rain.

I was pleased with the refereeing in the two games I saw. Very evenly called games.