Coach of the Year in the 11th Region

I feel the coach of the year should be judged on what he did with the talent he had, plentiful or not. It is as difficult, at times, to reach your potential with a lot of talent as it is to coax more success out of a less than talented group of players. Success is a very relative term.

Billy Hicks, with schedule they have played their record, big win on the host team floor in the elimanation game in the 42nd district. the last thing is with 4 soph in his rotation and with three of the starting at times this yr has tobe one of his best coaching jobs to date. congradulations coach hichs and the young cards on the season you have had so far. win seven more and take the title that so few want you and your team to win.

^They have improved greatly since the beginning of the year, the team you see today is nothing like the team, I saw play pendleton co. However they still have won only 10 games this year and at times they play wild and some of the guys pout a little too much when they aren't in the game. However like you said they will know better how to deal with adversity as they mature. If they knock off catholic maybe, I would consider Hutchinson, but Ligon has absolutely turned Station around, and that means a lot to me, because when i played, Station was the team in lexington and to see them down, kinda took some of the oomph outta the City-series in Lexington. That is why I vote for Ligon, but Hutchinson has done a good job this year too, as has the other 11th region candidates mentioned, another 11th region name is Gene Kirk from Sayre who has turned in a stellar performance for a really down(basketball wise) school.

I agree Coach Kirk is not only a great coach, he's also a great person. What he's done with Sayre has been phenomenal. Champ is a great coach, but also has great assistants that help his program roll (Hammonds, Fergueson,the other coach reese is his name I think). He has turned station into a powerhouse again, and that's fun to watch. It would be fun to see Station and Dunbar play again in the Region. Good Luck to Ligon and Hutchinson.

• 2 weeks later...

who will be player of the year and coach of the year in the 11th Region? Since central won, does that add feldhaus in the running? or does champ get it? Remember Dunbar won at central this year and station couldn't. There a lot of great coaches and players in the 11th I would like to know.

who will be player of the year and coach of the year in the 11th Region? Since central won, does that add feldhaus in the running? or does champ get it? Remember Dunbar won at central this year and station couldn't. There a lot of great coaches and players in the 11th I would like to know.
I heard at the civic center tonight that Aaron Dunaway won poy, but I did'nt hear about the coach of the year.