Lafayette 61 Glasgow 47 (Sweet 16)

Lafayette jumped out to an early lead and kept it all the way through to the final buzzer.

Freshman phenom Kiara Pankins led Lafayette with 18 points while Dee Givens added 15 and Ken'yale Demus chipped in with 10.

Bree Glover topscored for the Scotties with 20 while Shalika Smith added 16 to the cause.

Lafayette moves on to face Butler in the quarter finals.

DAVE

Not sure who can handle Louisville Butler, but if there is a team out there....Lafayette is the closest ones

I predict that Lafayette will beat Butler. Butler is young and has trouble at crunch time. In the LIT Butler almost blew it and beat SHA by one point. SHA held them to 12 points in the second half because they couldn't take care of the ball under pressure.

Lafayette really impressed me with their performance last night. They are the real deal. I hope Sacred Heart gets a chance to play them in the championship game.

I predict that Lafayette will beat Butler. Butler is young and has trouble at crunch time. In the LIT Butler almost blew it and beat SHA by one point. SHA held them to 12 points in the second half because they couldn't take care of the ball under pressure.

Lafayette really impressed me with their performance last night. They are the real deal. I hope Sacred Heart gets a chance to play them in the championship game.

For sure, but then again Sacre Heart has E-Town and Anderson County in the lower half of the bracket.