Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simon Kenton 2014?

Featured Replies

How do you guys feel about their chances?

I'm interested to see if Ainsworth makes the varsity roster this year. I've heard really good things about him the last couple years and was hoping to see him on the mound this year with the big boys.

Grant Wassum is player you start with at SK. High baseball IQ, can hit for average and I'm expecting impressive power numbers from him this year. The ball jumps off Tyler Smith's bat and Mundy brings another year of Freedom pro instruction to the team, plus he can hit right-center all day long. If Marcum get support on the bump and his velocity is where I expect it to be, they are poised for a state run.

All four of the player's you mentioned should have good season's in the field and at the plate, along with Lawrence. Bryson, Richarson and Purge also have the ability for good season's at the plate. It appears Smith will be their third starter behind Marcum and Lawrence. Ainsworth along with Campbell, Bryson and Mulberry should round out the staff. Not sure what Ainsworth's role will be but do expect him to get some innings.

I agree with Simon have a very solid quad this year. They return a lot of talent and our the class of the northern part of the region. However, I believe the 8th region has a lot of quality teams this year. There are number of teams that could take the 8th Simon Kenton included. The southern part of the region is very tough with probably more overall talent than last year. South Oldham returns a lot of talent including their best pitcher. Collins and Shelby return probably the top two players in the region and are always talented. Anderson returns everyone off of a team that dramatically improved throughout last year and should have knocked Collins out in the first round of the district. I look for them to be a sleeper.

  • Author

I agree Simon Kenton has a good crop of players. They can make a deep run in the 8th which I see as being a tough regional. That makes good on the ability of an 8th region team doing very well in the state tourney. I'm interested in Tristen Marcum and Sean Lawrence success in the rotation. Fielding last year for me in some of the games I saw was an issue I hope they have worked that out.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.