Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region

Featured Replies

What about the 8th region?
Being from nky all my life I usually have stuck to 9th region teams, but in the last couple of years Ive noticed some of the 8ths prospects. Collins won the region last year and are the early favorite this year. I however have expectations for Simon Kenton they have some good players returning. Two great pitchers in Tristen Marcum and Sean Lawrence. Marcum doesnt have over-powering stuff but he is a Greg Maddux clone meaning his placement is outstanding and he is consistent. 5 seniors returning with 4 decent juniors, I expect alot from Simon Kenton. South Oldham will show good as well as Owen county though I still feel Simon Kenton will turn heads.
  • Author

The eighth region this year should have many competitive teams. collins is in most peoples top 5 in the state. The Oldham county schools are always pretty good. Simon Kenton is my darkhorse in this region, they only lost a few impact players from last years team. Simon

Kenton will return several quality seniors in Micheal Mundy, Grant Wassom, Tristen Marcum, Tyler Smith, Travis Bryson and transfer Austin Richardson(Campbell county). All these Players should hit well. Juniors Sean Lawrence and Price Burge Should also have good seasons. there pitching will be led by Marcum and Lawrence, other pitchers will be Robert Smith, Luke Campbell, Travis Bryson and Brad Mulberry. If a couple of these pithers perform well and they play good defense in the field they should have a good season.

My top 4 would be Collins, S. Oldham, Anderson, and Shelby.......

My top 4 would be Collins, S. Oldham, Anderson, and Shelby.......

 

That is a solid top 4. Collins will be the favorite and South returns a lot of talent. Anderson Co. will rebound from a below average year make some noise in 2014. Shelby Co. might have the best player in the region in SS Kipp Moore. They are well coached and always a threat. Simon Kenton will be in the running, remember they were only three outs away from beating Collins in the regional last year.

Simon Kenton three outs away with one of their better players and pitchers on the bench with a broken arm in Tristen Marcum. They will benefit from his return tremendously and with the other returners I do see big things from them this year. They should hit well this year had a streak of errors which doesn't help the pitching but they will be better.

  • Author

My top 5 in the eighth region this year would be Collins,Shelby Co.,S. Oldham, Simon Kenton and Spencer Co..But as i stated earlier this region should be one of the most competitive top to bottom. I am a little bit more familiar with the eastern half of this region. It spans quite a distance. Northern Kentucky almost to Louisville. owen Co., Grant Co. Walton and Gallatin co. all will be returning key players from last year's squads, should be an exciting season! Any information you guy's have on team's i did not mention would be appreciated.

I am new to the board. I just joined to talk a little baseball. Over the last few years I have been fortunate enough to watch a lot of high school baseball. I mainly see 7th and 8th region teams. My take on the 8th is this. I think the top three going into the season are S. Oldham, Collins, and Shelby Co.. They all three return major pieces and should have quality teams. I personally think South is the most talented. But Shelby and Collins have the two best players in the region in Moore and Wiley. N. Oldham, Simon, Oldham, and Anderson will all be solid as well. Anderson struggled last year but played a brutal schedule with a field renovation keeping them off their field. They return virtually everyone so they are a major team to watch. Simon returns a lot off a heart breaking loss to Collins in the region Semi's last year. N. Oldham last some major pieces, but has some good young talent returning with Cleary and Millem. Oldham is always solid and should have a better year than last. Spencer had a great run falling just short in the region finals last year but lost 7 starters and a lot of pitching. I think they have some young talent but will be down. Grant, Owen, and a sleeper Carroll (return a lot off of a 19 win year) are after Simon the better teams in the northern part of the region. I do not know as much about Gallatin and Henry. I know Gallatin was very young last year and should be better. I think Henry has there second coach in as many years which always leaves question marks.

I think the nky teams have the ability to show well this year a couple as has been said have some good depth. I for one anticipate a good season in the 8th overall. Tough region for sure.

  • Author

Gallatin County will return 3 key seniors this year in chase o'connor, Joe sargent and Nolan Wilson. Underclassmen mason Wilson will be an impact player on this team also.

My top 5 in region would be Collins, S.Oldham, Shelby Co., Anderson Co. and Simon Kenton. Oldham could be in this mix as well. Teams like Gallatin, Carroll, Owen and Walton have some nice ballplayers and could make some noise in the region, just might not not have enough hitters in the lineup when going up against quality pitching. Same could probally be said about Trimble, Henry and Grant as well.

Gallatin County will return 3 key seniors this year in chase o'connor, Joe sargent and Nolan Wilson. Underclassmen mason Wilson will be an impact player on this team also.

 

If the Sargent kid returns to form (before his injury). He could be in for a big year. Chase and Nolan along with cf Curtis Flynn have been starting since their freshman year should provide alot of leadership and should have very productive seasons.. I agree Mason will be an impact player on this team as a freshman.

  • Author

Joe and Chase had pretty good summer's with Blue wave baseball. Joe played second base well but struggled with hitting due to the injury. He did not pitch much either. Not sure if that was because of the injury or because they had a loaded pitching staff. I'm sure by now he should be back to form and have a productive season.

All in all it's shaping up to be a good competitive year in the 8th from what I am seeing and hearing. Ready for it to begin.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.