Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pre-Season 7th Region Teams

Featured Replies

Who is hot & who is not for this coming spring in the 7th Region?

Who is hot & who is not for this coming spring in the 7th Region?

 

Would love to talk some 7th on here are not familer with them (me included) so maybe throw us a bone and get it started.

i'll take this bait :lol2: ....but give me a few minutes

arguably the toughest region in the state with 6 solid teams...I think in the end it will come down to male or ballard...whichever is hot at the end of may....I know ballard really thought it was their region to take last year (just ask them), but male put an end to that.

 

male has best coach in the state...we can argue it, but my mind won't change...the bulldogs will be prepared and tested...if there was an rpi, male would have been at the top last season and will have just as tough, if not tougher, schedule this year....pitching with wireman and suski and speed from wireman, childress and simon will be strong points...they have a few players including mudd, mciver, luckett and wireman that can bomb the ball, but I don't anticipate that to be a big part of their run scoring.

 

ballard has some outstanding players like adell, parker, kearschner, hall and purcell, but the biggest question for them will be the addition of mercer at pitcher...adell may not be pitching at all...I know she wanted to give it up completely even prior to last year...brill may develop into a good backup, and I even heard that wiseman may be brought back from exile to pitch...on paper they are probably the best team in the region, but they were last year too, and couldn't get past male...they can hit some hrs, but rely more on speed to score runs.

 

sacred heart could be a not so dark horse...the male/sh game last year was easily the toughest game male played in the region tournament, I thought...holden is an outstanding pitcher that can hit...they lost a couple of their best players last year, so we'll see how they fill those spots...biggest knock on sh is schedule...they didn't get many Ws against the better teams last year, but never got blown except for one cold night out at bullit east.

 

assumption will suffer from thin pitching and suspect coaching...fussenger is a great player, and tarquinio and nitzken are always long ball threats, but I don't see them scoring enough to overcome what they will give up.

 

eastern has a good young pitcher in boteler to take smith's spot, and Williams leads an up and coming young manual team...these two may grab a couple upsets during the spring.

 

the other teams in the region don't stack up to me.

 

1. male

2. ballard

3. sacred heart

4. manual

5. assumption

6. eastern

7. cal

8-15. the rest

arguably the toughest region in the state with 6 solid teams...I think in the end it will come down to male or ballard...whichever is hot at the end of may....I know ballard really thought it was their region to take last year (just ask them), but male put an end to that.

 

male has best coach in the state...we can argue it, but my mind won't change...the bulldogs will be prepared and tested...if there was an rpi, male would have been at the top last season and will have just as tough, if not tougher, schedule this year....pitching with wireman and suski and speed from wireman, childress and simon will be strong points...they have a few players including mudd, mciver, luckett and wireman that can bomb the ball, but I don't anticipate that to be a big part of their run scoring.

 

ballard has some outstanding players like adell, parker, kearschner, hall and purcell, but the biggest question for them will be the addition of mercer at pitcher...adell may not be pitching at all...I know she wanted to give it up completely even prior to last year...brill may develop into a good backup, and I even heard that wiseman may be brought back from exile to pitch...on paper they are probably the best team in the region, but they were last year too, and couldn't get past male...they can hit some hrs, but rely more on speed to score runs.

 

sacred heart could be a not so dark horse...the male/sh game last year was easily the toughest game male played in the region tournament, I thought...holden is an outstanding pitcher that can hit...they lost a couple of their best players last year, so we'll see how they fill those spots...biggest knock on sh is schedule...they didn't get many Ws against the better teams last year, but never got blown except for one cold night out at bullit east.

 

assumption will suffer from thin pitching and suspect coaching...fussenger is a great player, and tarquinio and nitzken are always long ball threats, but I don't see them scoring enough to overcome what they will give up.

 

eastern has a good young pitcher in boteler to take smith's spot, and Williams leads an up and coming young manual team...these two may grab a couple upsets during the spring.

 

the other teams in the region don't stack up to me.

 

1. male

2. ballard

3. sacred heart

4. manual

5. assumption

6. eastern

7. cal

8-15. the rest

 

I believe there was a time you would not have said that!!

 

I know some people don't like Bloomer and I haven't been around him much but I would have loved for him to coach my kid in HS.

i don't take everything he teaches as gospel, but i have yet to see anyone with his depth of knowledge and ability to impart that to his players...i know my dd loves him as a coach...all that matters to me.

 

just hope he can whip this bunch into shape for last week of May again!!

i don't take everything he teaches as gospel, but i have yet to see anyone with his depth of knowledge and ability to impart that to his players...i know my dd loves him as a coach...all that matters to me.

 

just hope he can whip this bunch into shape for last week of May again!!

 

Believe me you guys are the lucky ones. Not all high schools have what you guys have as far as coaching goes.

i don't take everything he teaches as gospel, but i have yet to see anyone with his depth of knowledge and ability to impart that to his players...i know my dd loves him as a coach...all that matters to me.

 

just hope he can whip this bunch into shape for last week of May again!!

:thumb:
arguably the toughest region in the state with 6 solid teams...I think in the end it will come down to male or ballard...whichever is hot at the end of may....I know ballard really thought it was their region to take last year (just ask them), but male put an end to that.

 

male has best coach in the state...we can argue it, but my mind won't change...the bulldogs will be prepared and tested...if there was an rpi, male would have been at the top last season and will have just as tough, if not tougher, schedule this year....pitching with wireman and suski and speed from wireman, childress and simon will be strong points...they have a few players including mudd, mciver, luckett and wireman that can bomb the ball, but I don't anticipate that to be a big part of their run scoring.

 

ballard has some outstanding players like adell, parker, kearschner, hall and purcell, but the biggest question for them will be the addition of mercer at pitcher...adell may not be pitching at all...I know she wanted to give it up completely even prior to last year...brill may develop into a good backup, and I even heard that wiseman may be brought back from exile to pitch...on paper they are probably the best team in the region, but they were last year too, and couldn't get past male...they can hit some hrs, but rely more on speed to score runs.

 

sacred heart could be a not so dark horse...the male/sh game last year was easily the toughest game male played in the region tournament, I thought...holden is an outstanding pitcher that can hit...they lost a couple of their best players last year, so we'll see how they fill those spots...biggest knock on sh is schedule...they didn't get many Ws against the better teams last year, but never got blown except for one cold night out at bullit east.

 

assumption will suffer from thin pitching and suspect coaching...fussenger is a great player, and tarquinio and nitzken are always long ball threats, but I don't see them scoring enough to overcome what they will give up.

 

eastern has a good young pitcher in boteler to take smith's spot, and Williams leads an up and coming young manual team...these two may grab a couple upsets during the spring.

 

the other teams in the region don't stack up to me.

 

1. male

2. ballard

3. sacred heart

4. manual

5. assumption

6. eastern

7. cal

8-15. the rest

 

 

 

Great analysis. I would take it a step further and say on paper Ballard has the most talent in the state with 4 or 5 D-1 players, and 3 players that are top 5 in their class: Adell (2014/Lady Vols commit), Hull (2015/S. Carolina commit) and the best player on the team Parker (2016/Lady Vols and the PAC12 will fight it out for her).

 

I also look for Male to come out of the region due to Bloomer out coaching the others: “he can beat you with his” and “he will beat his with yours" - Bloomer's results are what they are.

 

1. Male

2. Ballard

3. The rest cannot make up the coaching or talent gap.

Great analysis. I would take it a step further and say on paper Ballard has the most talent in the state with 4 or 5 D-1 players, and 3 players that are top 5 in their class: Adell (2014/Lady Vols commit), Hull (2015/S. Carolina commit) and the best player on the team Parker (2016/Lady Vols and the PAC12 will fight it out for her).

 

I also look for Male to come out of the region due to Bloomer out coaching the others: “he can beat you with his” and “he will beat his with yours" - Bloomer's results are what they are.

 

1. Male

2. Ballard

3. The rest cannot make up the coaching or talent gap.

 

Who is this Parker girl, and who does she play for in the Summer?

played with the TN Illusions...good, solid player....think I heard she moved in from CO at some point in last couple years, but don't know if that is the case....ballard has had a few players on the Illusions, I believe.

played with the TN Illusions...good, solid player....think I heard she moved in from CO at some point in last couple years, but don't know if that is the case....ballard has had a few players on the Illusions, I believe.

 

So is she SEC Pac 12 type player. If they both are "fighting it out for her" she has to be one of the best players in the country.

that is deepdrive's assessment...i have not seen enough of her to backstop that, but do think she is a good, solid player with a lot of upside.

I believe there was a time you would not have said that!!

 

I know some people don't like Bloomer and I haven't been around him much but I would have loved for him to coach my kid in HS.

 

I've been a witness to Bloomer. Agree that he is a top not coach, just do not agree that he always evaluates talent correctly. He seems to focus on who he perceives as his "studs".

not sure I follow ya on that...think he may have or had better players that should have had more play time?....or that he has or is relying on inferior players?....just trying to clarify what you mean by your take things.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.