3A Playoffs: Monroe County/Trigg County predictions

tsyoung7

Monroe County vs. Trigg County  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Monroe County vs. Trigg County

• Monroe County
    • Trigg County

Monroe county is 7-3 and have two huge losses to South Warren and Wayne County.

Trigg is 4-5 and have played some good competition as well.

IMO this will be the closet game the first round will see. If Trigg comes out throwing the ball like there stats say Monroe will be put out in the first round. Monroe does not have a very good pass defense. There stats show this. But the three hour bus ride definitely plays well into Monroe. If this game stays close into fourth quarter I give the advantage to the Falcons. They play fresh legs on both sides of the ball and are deep at the back positions. This will be a really good one at Darrell Carter Stadium.

Monroe county is 7-3 and have two huge losses to South Warren and Wayne County.

Trigg is 4-5 and have played some good competition as well.

IMO this will be the closet game the first round will see. If Trigg comes out throwing the ball like there stats say Monroe will be put out in the first round. Monroe does not have a very good pass defense. There stats show this. But the three hour bus ride definitely plays well into Monroe. If this game stays close into fourth quarter I give the advantage to the Falcons. They play fresh legs on both sides of the ball and are deep at the back positions. This will be a really good one at Darrell Carter Stadium.

I agree, this matchup should be class 3A game of the week to start playoffs. I watched Trigg county play Fort Campbell, and what a game, both teams battled!!! Trigg quarterback good, runnin back Jones rushed for over 200yds on Fort Campbell's tough defense. Monroe county has good tradition, good luck to the Falcons.

Trigg County has to stop the run and get Monroe off the field on third down. Trigg's secondary has gotten better but is still prone to giving up long passes on third down.

Special teams will also hold a key to the game. I didn't feel good about going to Monroe two years ago. I didn't feel good about going to South Warren last year. I feel better about the trip to Tompkinsville this year, but Trigg has to play from ahead. If they fall behind early, it may be another early exit.