Western Hills 54 Saint Henry 46

St. Henry might have had one of the worst games I've seen all year. Western Hills went to a 2-3 Zone from the start and rarely came out. St. Henry went 4-21 from 3pters. One of those was a first quarter heave at the buzzer by Lenhof.

The Crusaders just couldn't find the bucket and turned the ball over way too much. Things are going to have get better if the Cru is going to beat Conner and go to the regionals.

Defense wasn't the problem for St. Henry. Shooting was. I thought Western Hills Defense was horrible. Weak, very weak zone the whole game. St. Henry usually shoots around 35-45 % from 3pt land. they were 1-15 the 1st three quarters. Just a bad shooting night.

When a true shooter doesn't hit, there is usually a reason. Western Hills was in a matchup 2-3 with Combess, #5 on top keeping the shooters a little out of their comfort zone all night. The "terrible defense" by the top men on this zone, Kendell #13 and Combess collected 9 steals in the second half alone resulting in layups. This equated to a "W" for Western Hills and was the difference.

St. Henry is a fine team and I would like to compliment them on their behavior and the polite way they behaved. Our coaching staff was very complimentary of the kids. Good luck to them in the post season!