Bishop Brossart 6 Boyd County 0 (Boys)

Drew Berkemeyer led the Mustangs in scoring with the first hat trick of his career. Mark Goller recorded the first goal of his varsity career. The Mustangs had 26 shots on goal versus 9 for the Lions. Notable: Eli Nienaber played for the first time since injuring himself in the spring. Eli had two assists.

Glad to see Eli back......

CJ....for those of us that are not familiar with some of the teams outside of our 15 mile comfort zone......and certainly not meaning to take anything away from the Mustangs 4-0 start.....

....could you give a quick description of the skill level of Bourbon, Harrison and Boyd.......I know Holy Cross and do see that thier only win is Bourbon Cty, so that helps me with that one.

....just trying to get a comparison level, if you know what I mean.

.....again....4-0 with 21 goals for and only 2 allowed is impressive....

Congrats on the nice start.

CJ....for those of us that are not familiar with some of the teams outside of our 15 mile comfort zone......and certainly not meaning to take anything away from the Mustangs 4-0 start.....

....could you give a quick description of the skill level of Bourbon, Harrison and Boyd.......I know Holy Cross and do see that their only win is Bourbon Cty, so that helps me with that one.

I spoke to a parent today and he said that they have not really been challenged at this point. I thought Harrison County may have been a test since they sent Brossart packing last year, but they must have lost a lot to graduation.

Good luck to the Mustangs and congrats to Drew for the hat trick.

....could you give a quick description of the skill level of Bourbon, Harrison and Boyd.......I know Holy Cross and do see that thier only win is Bourbon Cty, so that helps me with that one.

I'm not sure that I am qualified to give an accurate description of the quality of the teams we have played. I did not know what soccer was until the birth of my son. I enjoy watching my son play...any sport, and I have learned what I could over the years. I have learned a lot about soccer and continue to develop my understanding each week. I still struggle with off sides calls and why fouls are called, or sometimes not called. I will however, give it a shot. I think that Boyd was probably the least skilled defensive team that we have played thus far. Bourbon Co. played a rough, physical game and had at least one good forward. Harrison Co. had decent skills but, lacked experience due to their youth. We play Scott Co. tonight. I will let you know how that goes.

I was actually looking more for something like "Boyd Cty is worse than Holy Cross"....or a comparison to a closer NKY team........

This will help with your rules understanding.

I watched this. Very funny. Boyd and Holy Cross were about the same. Bourbon was a little better than both and Harrison was probably the best of the four teams we played. Thanks for the video. I feel like better about my knowledge of the game.