Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mid count pitching changes

Featured Replies

Last night I saw a h.s. coach make a pitching change with a 3-0 count on the batter. I also heard Coach Henderson made a pitching change last night with a 2-2 count on the batter. Outside of injury, what would be the advantage gained for making a mid count pitching change

I watched the UK game and saw the change as well. Mississippi pinch hit a righty versus the UK lefty pitcher and after the 2-2 count he brought in Sheppard who is a righty pitcher. He ended up walking the guys but I can see where it would benefit in the righty versus righty matchup, if you throw strikes.

  • Author

Are you saying a righty vs righty is more advantageous with a 2-2 count rather than at the beginning of the ab?

The lefty (Reid) was having a great game and I think Henderson just felt he was losing steam quickly and didn't want to wait any longer. I do agree the beginning of the at bat is better.

When a pitcher has "lost it", does it really matter what the count is? IMO...a good coach will recognize each pitchers' "tells" that he or she is not in the game any more.....At that point, if they feel they can't refocus, or bring them back...so to speak....change them out......To me, the count shouldn't matter.....

Maybe the coach is hoping to get one more inning out of a pitcher but he is starts struggling to find the strike zone and his pitch count is up? I would not sacrifice a kids arm or career for a win. When my pitchers pitch count is up he's outta the game regardless of the score or the count.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.