Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bill James Baseball Abstract

Featured Replies

Anyone read this? I just bought it. Of Course I read Moneyball and really enjoyed it.

 

Anyone's thoughts?

Haven't read Bill James Abstract but have read Moneyball. Very interesting book and as a result have become a fan of the A's. I like the underdog.

  • Author
Haven't read Bill James Abstract but have read Moneyball. Very interesting book and as a result have become a fan of the A's. I like the underdog.

 

I've always like the A's, but because of Moneyball, I follow them a lot closer. However, I was talking to Greg Sparks over Christmas (hitting coordinator in the A's system). He said the part about Beane throwing a chair during the draft prep was a little different than what he remembered. Sparks said, "I was in the room and I don't remember any chairs getting thrown." He said Beane was aggrivated though. Sounds like the author may have "Hollywoodized" it a bit. But I don't care, I still think Billy Beane is the man.

I've always like the A's, but because of Moneyball, I follow them a lot closer. However, I was talking to Greg Sparks over Christmas (hitting coordinator in the A's system). He said the part about Beane throwing a chair during the draft prep was a little different than what he remembered. Sparks said, "I was in the room and I don't remember any chairs getting thrown." He said Beane was aggrivated though. Sounds like the author may have "Hollywoodized" it a bit. But I don't care, I still think Billy Beane is the man.

 

Agreed. It would be nice to have a GM like that in Cincinnati. Did anyone notice that Castellini mentioned that there was room for the Bill James type of scouting within the Reds organization, and that money had been allotted for th practice of that?

Agreed. It would be nice to have a GM like that in Cincinnati. Did anyone notice that Castellini mentioned that there was room for the Bill James type of scouting within the Reds organization, and that money had been allotted for th practice of that?

You can read? Who knew??? :p :lol:

You can read? Who knew??? :p :lol:

 

Uh, yup....I can even count to 20 if I take my shoes off....

Uh, yup....I can even count to 20 if I take my shoes off....

You've really come a long way. I'm so proud... :thumb: :lol:

You've really come a long way. I'm so proud... :thumb: :lol:

 

I learned it by watching you.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.