Danville 16 Prestonsburg 14

Lots of flags in this game. I swear I didn't know that daisies could grow on fake grass! I also need to consult with an officials guide because I did not recognize a couple of their signals used tonight. Got real chippy at the end but that is understandable when one team's season is coming to a close.

Ads didn't play very smart at times and really struggled against the passing attack that PHS has. The pick early in the third qtr was huge. Ads were backed up with Pburg 1st and goal from the one yard line. Defense held and then intercepted in the back of the end zone. They then drove 80 yds for the go ahead score. Got help on a roughing the punter penalty but gave it back later on the muffed punt return.

Danville was fortunate to win this one. PHS played hard and is a great venue to watch a playoff game. Their field looks fantastic and their fans were hospitable and gracious in defeat. Shout out to the Betsy Layne players that sat with us. All I can say is that you must really despise the Blackcats!

Now the Ads must face their Waterloo. Wouldn't have it any other way. It will take a complete 180 effort than what was put forth tonight, so Ads fans can hope that tonight's performance was a result of their minds already thinking Briar Jumpers. It almost cost them in the end.