2012 All 10th Region team

KBC took all the teams in the 10th Region and put them team together after taklking to Coaches at schools.

IF-Logan Mcqueary (SR)- Batted around %425 with a high on base persentage. Very good fielder. Going to play College ball at an Military Academy.

IF-Blake Thomas (SO)- Batted around 500 with an on base perscentage of upper 500's. Great Glove who plays for Kevin Clary at KBC who has said Major Division 1 schools are watching him closely. Reminds me of J.T Riddle

IF- Brent Stoneking(S0)- Started the season very hot but cooled off later on in the season. Good Glove, Brent will always be known as the kid who took Chase Mullins deep to win the 40th District Tournament.

IF- Xavier Carter - A very good fielder who is as scrappy as any infielder I have seen in years. Good Bat. Harrison County is loaded next season.

IF- Chas Newkirk (JR) Good hitter, average glove with a good arm. Batted near 500 all season. Needs to work on attitude.

OF- Justin Harris- (SR) Fastest player in the 10th Region if not the state. Very Good outfielder, Average bat

OF- Sam Lee- (JR) Lee didn't have a normal Sam Lee year but still batted around 400 and We think Lee is the best CF in the Region.

OF-Zach Fardo-(JR)- Had a good year at the plate, strong arm and very good fielder

P- Chase Mullins-(SR) The most dominant pitcher ever in the 10th Region and probably one of the best pitchers in the state. Clark County and Harrison County only teams that could beat him. Needs to add a couple of pitches.

P- Jordan Martin-(JR) The second best pitcher in the 10th Region this season. Also a good hitter and good fielder. College scouts watching him closely. I expect big things from him next year.

p-Ben Gulley-(JR) Ben turned a lot of head this season especially when he piched a no hitter against Bourbon County and lost the game 1-0. Gulley was a suprise and smaller schools looking at him. A pretty good athlete.

P- Derek McKenzie- Derek had a great year for Clark County and turned out to be the Ace for the young Cardinals team. Good command and very good control.

C Tanner Norton- Batted around 400 had a good season with good arm.

C - Brandon Kendall- Very good catcher who has a very good arm and is a pretty good pitcher.

Player of the year - Chase Mullins- UK bound and a great pitcher

Freshman of the year- Mark Ramsey of Pendleto County and Luke Sherock of Clark County

I'm sorry about my grammar in the first sentence. It should have said KBS talked to all the Coaches in the 10th Region that was available. We added the votes up and put the players in order by the votes they got at each position. I tried to do this on my phone and it changed the lettering without me knowing it. I will proof read my writing from now on. Thanks

Hobie hall from Montgomery county had 32 innings pitch with a 2.18 era and 4-0 with only 9 walks also Jordan Nester had a standout pitching season with an 4-0 record throwing 29 innings and only giving up 12 runs Ben Gulley threw 39 innings with an 3.89 era and went 3-5 on the year.

I only see three players that played KBC Allstarwinner. Jordan Nester got votes as a pitcher and 3rd baseman but just missed out. That was the only other player from Montgomery County that got votes. Thank You for your input.

I think you threw him off by saying "KBC took all the teams from the 10th Region and put them together.." I assume you meant KBS, hence your user name.

i see that you have your facts not right you said Ryan toy should have also been on there? but then you just said Jordan Nester got votes also. Im assuming your making all this up by ear? i have seen some more solid players in the 10th region just leave it at that.

The breakdown of schools on your list would be as follows:

5 - Montgomery County (22-13 overall; 4-6 record in region)

4 - George Rogers Clark (20-14 overall; 9-2 region; 40th District champ)

3 - Harrison County (30-10 overall; 18-6 region; 38th District champs; regional runner-up)

2 - Bishop Brossart (25-12 overall; 13-3 region; 37th District champs; regional champs)

1 - Bourbon County (26-12 overall; 15-6 region; 40th District runner-up)

Can't really say I know any of these players except by name, but couldn't help but find a few things curious:

Doesn't five players from Montgomery County - a team that didn't make it out of their district, had a rather unimpressive 4-6 region record, and lost to GRC all 3x they played and Bourbon Cty both times they played - seem somewhat high? Especially when the team that won the entire region (Bishop Brossart) only has 2? One would get the impression that Montgomery County seriously underperformed this year.

Why did you decide to go with 3 catchers, yet then only 3 OF'ers and 5 INF'ers? Seems an oddly high number of catchers.

Any reason you decided not to break the INF'ers down by position?

Like I said, I don't really know anything about the talent in the 10th, so not criticizing, just curious about how you arrived at some of this information.

I'm sorry about my grammar in the first sentence. It should have said KBS talked to all the Coaches in the 10th Region that was available. We added the votes up and put the players in order by the votes they got at each position. I tried to do this on my phone and it changed the lettering without me knowing it. I will proof read my writing from now on. Thanks

Just curious on the process used to select these players.

Out of the 17 schools in the 10th region, how many coaches responded to your poll?

Were coaches permitted to only name one player at each position?

When you say "each position" above, did they vote for 1B, 2B, SS, 3B or just name 4 "infielders"?

Doesn't five players from Montgomery County - a team that didn't make it out of their district, had a rather unimpressive 4-6 region record, and lost to GRC all 3x they played and Bourbon Cty both times they played - seem somewhat high? Especially when the team that won the entire region (Bishop Brossart) only has 2? One would get the impression that Montgomery County seriously underperformed this year.

Excellent points Coop!!! I was thinking the same thing. Also, if you look at another thread "10th regions best pitcher's" there are three MC pitchers listed in the top 10. These selections seem to be a little 40th district biased.

Ben Gulley was the only pitcher from Montgomery County that made the list. I know some of you kids are not going to be happy that you didn't make it. Coaches in the 10th Region will tell you that Montgomery County has talent at the top four batters in their lineup. I recieved an email this morning telling me that allstar is a Montgomery County player who mentioned his own name. I watched Bourbon,Clark,Montgomery and Harrison County the most this year and I agree these teams have more talent than any of the other school combined. I'm not in this to make everone happy,I'm in this to get exposure to the kids who deserve it. Congratulations to the winners. Good luck Seniors as you start a new chapter in your life.