Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Sosby Memorial Tournament

Featured Replies

It would be nice to get some details about the games in this tourney, especially Brossart and Bracken Co. It's not that we lack posters from these two schools (BGH, TheDawg, Bluespecter). Softball now has it's own forum, let's use it before we lose it!

It would be nice to get some details about the games in this tourney, especially Brossart and Bracken Co. It's not that we lack posters from these two schools (BGH, TheDawg, Bluespecter). Softball now has it's own forum, let's use it before we lose it!

 

Bracken didn't have a great weekend, coming away with three more losses. I wasn't able to attend Friday night's games when Bracken played Bourbon and Western Hills, but I do know they lost both those and didn't play very well in either game. Saturday, despite losing 3-2 to Greenup Co., Bracken played much better, executed things well but just couldn't pull out the win. The Lady Bears were without three starters on Saturday (catcher and centerfielder were two) and considering that, the team played pretty good. We had some younger girls (didn't think we could get much younger lol)---middle school girls who really stepped up and did a good job too.

 

Brossart lost their three games against Nicholas, Greenup, and Bourbon though I didn't see any of the games they played. I'm sure BGH is furiously typing up his write-up and thoughts on Brossart's games from the tourney, so I don't want to steal his thunder and spoil it for everyone.

 

I think Bourbon won the whole thing.

Bracken didn't have a great weekend, coming away with three more losses. I wasn't able to attend Friday night's games when Bracken played Bourbon and Western Hills, but I do know they lost both those and didn't play very well in either game. Saturday, despite losing 3-2 to Greenup Co., Bracken played much better, executed things well but just couldn't pull out the win. The Lady Bears were without three starters on Saturday (catcher and centerfielder were two) and considering that, the team played pretty good. We had some younger girls (didn't think we could get much younger lol)---middle school girls who really stepped up and did a good job too.

 

Brossart lost their three games against Nicholas, Greenup, and Bourbon though I didn't see any of the games they played. I'm sure BGH is furiously typing up his write-up and thoughts on Brossart's games from the tourney, so I don't want to steal his thunder and spoil it for everyone.

 

I think Bourbon won the whole thing.

 

Thanks for the update Bluespecter and good luck to Bracken County in the final week and in the District and Regional tournaments.

I was there Saturday for 3 games. Watched Nicholas Co. spank Greenup Co. like 13 to 3. I don't know anything about either team so I can't really comment much on it. #23, I think it was, hit 2 home runs that gave her either 6 or 7 rbis. Another girl for Nicholas has a multi rbi homer as well.

Brossart lost to Nicholas Co. 4 - 1 in the next game. A 3 run inning killed Brossart in the 1st and they just couldn't come back from that. Emily Greis did a great job taking over at 3rd base after their starter fell ill. Shackleford threw some great looking strikes and Shannon Kremer made a great catch in left field to rob a girl of some rbis as well.

Last game I watched was Bracken County and Greenup County. Greenup won 3 - 2 after the 1 hour 20 minute time limit. Again, I don't know much about either team so I can't say much about it.

Nice tournament and love the drive down 27 as always.

  • Author
Bracken didn't have a great weekend, coming away with three more losses. I wasn't able to attend Friday night's games when Bracken played Bourbon and Western Hills, but I do know they lost both those and didn't play very well in either game. Saturday, despite losing 3-2 to Greenup Co., Bracken played much better, executed things well but just couldn't pull out the win. The Lady Bears were without three starters on Saturday (catcher and centerfielder were two) and considering that, the team played pretty good. We had some younger girls (didn't think we could get much younger lol)---middle school girls who really stepped up and did a good job too.

 

Brossart lost their three games against Nicholas, Greenup, and Bourbon though I didn't see any of the games they played. I'm sure BGH is furiously typing up his write-up and thoughts on Brossart's games from the tourney, so I don't want to steal his thunder and spoil it for everyone.

 

I think Bourbon won the whole thing.

 

That's not good, good luck to Bracken County come tourney time. Thanks for the update.

  • Author
I was there Saturday for 3 games. Watched Nicholas Co. spank Greenup Co. like 13 to 3. I don't know anything about either team so I can't really comment much on it. #23, I think it was, hit 2 home runs that gave her either 6 or 7 rbis. Another girl for Nicholas has a multi rbi homer as well.

Brossart lost to Nicholas Co. 4 - 1 in the next game. A 3 run inning killed Brossart in the 1st and they just couldn't come back from that. Emily Greis did a great job taking over at 3rd base after their starter fell ill. Shackleford threw some great looking strikes and Shannon Kremer made a great catch in left field to rob a girl of some rbis as well.

Last game I watched was Bracken County and Greenup County. Greenup won 3 - 2 after the 1 hour 20 minute time limit. Again, I don't know much about either team so I can't say much about it.

Nice tournament and love the drive down 27 as always.

 

Thanks for the update. Your such a good wife following your hubbie to all these games.

Thanks for the update. Your such a good wife following your hubbie to all these games.

 

I know, right!?! I didn't even get a dinner out of it! You have to love sports and/or your spouse pretty much to give up a Saturday to watch 3 games with teams you know nothing about (except for Brossart) and not even have a girl playing softball or attending any of the schools playing!

  • Author
I know, right!?! I didn't even get a dinner out of it! You have to love sports and/or your spouse pretty much to give up a Saturday to watch 3 games with teams you know nothing about (except for Brossart) and not even have a girl playing softball or attending any of the schools playing!

 

Unbelievable, you couldn't even get a hot dog and some starbursts from the concession stand? I'll have to have a talk with that boy.:lol:

Lawildcat was pretty much right on about brossart. They made some nice defensive plays but they left the bats at school. Bad tournament not to hit, becasue Bourbon & Nicholas was crusshing the ball. I cant remember any tournament with this many homeruns hit. Something was in the air I guess. But congrats to Bourbon on winning their tournament very much deserving !!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.