Ryle 8 Cooper 1

hja1224

It was good to get the season started but the jitters were there in the first inning. Ryle got 4 runs on 2 hits. A walk and error on the pitcher helped account for the 4 runs. Carella started for Cooper and went 3 innings. He did very well after the first 4 hitters reached. Cooper only had 5 hits but put the ball in play against some good pitching. I'm not sure who started for Ryle but I heard the UC recruit (Downs) was the lefty who came in relief and he throws well. Cooper's reliever was Colin Smith and he pitched a scoreless 4th and 5th before Ryle got to him for 4 in the bottom of the 6th.

For losing 8-1 there were some positives for the Cooper team to build on. A couple of errors in the field and a couple of missed signs at the plate cost them some but for seeing live pitching for the first time it wasn't as bad as the score looks.

It was good to get the season started but the jitters were there in the first inning. Ryle got 4 runs on 2 hits. A walk and error on the pitcher helped account for the 4 runs. Carella started for Cooper and went 3 innings. He did very well after the first 4 hitters reached. Cooper only had 5 hits but put the ball in play against some good pitching. I'm not sure who started for Ryle but I heard the UC recruit (Downs) was the lefty who came in relief and he throws well. Cooper's reliever was Colin Smith and he pitched a scoreless 4th and 5th before Ryle got to him for 4 in the bottom of the 6th.

For losing 8-1 there were some positives for the Cooper team to build on. A couple of errors in the field and a couple of missed signs at the plate cost them some but for seeing live pitching for the first time it wasn't as bad as the score looks.

Can the Jags contend to make the Region tourney this year??

IMO, this is their best team, top to bottom. I have not seen Boone or Conner but I think they will be competitive. Whether it's enough to win that one tough district semi-final game, we will just have to wait and see but this year should be there best chance to date.