Boone County / St Henry predictions

Game today 5:00 @ Boone. St Henry just won their match up with Scott over the weekend and Boone lost to Scott in a scrimmage game last week. We all know it's early in the year but what are some thoughts? I will go with Boone in a tight one 4-3.

Boone and St Henry played to a 1-1 tie, game called due to darkness. I know it's early in the season but Boone Co. did not look good at all. They left so many runners on base, they run the bases terrible, they let balls fall that should have been caught and they could not bunt when needed. Coach Huff was very upset at the end and he should have been. The pitching for Boone was not bad as three different pitchers threw. Boone will get better as the season goes on but they need to do a gut check now as to how bad they want to play and win.

The new bats will make a hugh difference this year in hits, home runs and runs scored. They will also take a lot of fun out of the game IMO. I believe the new bats are a over reaction (from one extreme to another).

Come on Boone, you can do a lot better !!

The new bats are not an extreme, they are just bringing the game of baseball back to what made it great in the first place and that is defense, pitching and playing for one run at a time.

Strategy all of a sudden is a part of the game instead of just swinging for the fences.

It will be a great year for those who love the game, as it was meant to be played!

The new bats are not an extreme, they are just bringing the game of baseball back to what made it great in the first place and that is defense, pitching and playing for one run at a time.

Strategy all of a sudden is a part of the game instead of just swinging for the fences.

It will be a great year for those who love the game, as it was meant to be played!

I agree. :thumb: Well said old guy.

Don't you think some of the excitement of the home run will be missed? I understand what you are saying about playing all the game, bunts, defense, pitching etc, but watching the kids score runs and the look on there faces when they hit one will be missed. I have watched a couple of games so far this year and have seen two bats break in the handle area, just completely snap and fly into the fence and stands. I will be watching the games even if they use tree limbs.

Don't you think some of the excitement of the home run will be missed? I understand what you are saying about playing all the game, bunts, defense, pitching etc, but watching the kids score runs and the look on there faces when they hit one will be missed. I have watched a couple of games so far this year and have seen two bats break in the handle area, just completely snap and fly into the fence and stands. I will be watching the games even if they use tree limbs.

Saw Brady Reese in a inter squad game go yard, watched Jake Lankheit in the same game hit two doubles off the wall that I can guaranteed you would have been HR's last year and saw Tom Arnzen again in that same game hit a triple as it one bounced the wall at the 380 mark. If you hit the ball on the sweet spot of the bat it will travel but if you don't hit that sweet spot, well pops up are easy to catch.....

The better pitchers will be getting pop up's and ground ball outs on the so so hitters but the true hitters will still get theirs but they will have to be perfect each time up! Gone are the days of the line drive doubles off the handle of the bat and too gone are the days of the cheap HR!