Bybee and Whitfield MVP of KABC East-West game.

Congrats to Caylan Bybee(Monroe County) West team and Jasmine Whitfield(South Oldham) East Team on receiving MVP awards at the KABC East-West Game on Saturday. The West Team won, I can't remember the score. The girls seemed to have a lot of fun. It was good seeing players from other regions.

Just some thoughts, It was nice to see Whitfield and Rianna Gayheart on the same team, Gayheart did a nice job at the point. Bybee was a beast in the post. I was also impressed with Mikal Farris from Ashland, she was very fast and an aggressive player. Molly Lamb (Greenwood) and Julie Whitfill(Breckinridge County) were very good shooters. I also liked Christine Rousch's game(Mercy). Anyway, it was a fun game.

Here is a box score on the game. It came from the Lexington Herald Leader and appears to be incomplete for the East team as it shows no points for Gayheart, stops with her, and the East total is only 64 with the players listed. I have added the player first name, school, and region and Player of the Year, Player of the Year runner-up, or Co-Player of the Year from the published list. Hope I have all that right!

West - 85

East - 76

KABC East-West All-Star Game at Warren Central

WEST -- Caylan Bybee, Monroe County 19 (Region 4 POY); Christine Roush, Mercy 15 (Region 6 POY); Haley Armstrong, Murray 14 (Region 1 POY); Molly Lamb, Greenwood 11 (Region 4 POY R/U); Aneta Sloma, Livingston Central 6 (Region 2 POY R/U); Taylor Futrell, Calloway County 6 (Region POY R/U); Julie Whitfill, Daviess County 6 (Region 3 POY R/U); Micah Jones, Green County 4 (Region 5 POY); Kelsea Wilson, Grayson County 4 (Region 3 POY).

EAST -- Jasmine Whitfield, South Oldham 21 (Region 8 Co-POY); Mikal Farris, Ashland 13 (Region 16 POY R/U); Taylor Stinson, Scott 8 (Region 10 POY R/U); Savannah Taylor, Mercer County 8 (Region 12 POY R/U); Peyton Wright, Owsley County 7 (Region 14 POY); Kianna Hall, South Floyd 7 (Region 15 POY); Rianna Gayheart, Owen County (Region 8 Co-POY)

Read more here: Latest girls' high school basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

Some regions are not represented. Did some girls "opt out" or were unable to play?

Combination of three things.........some girls were still in the Sweet Sixteen, some were injured, and some chose to opt out for various reasons.

Here is a box score on the game. It came from the Lexington Herald Leader and appears to be incomplete for the East team as it shows no points for Gayheart, stops with her, and the East total is only 64 with the players listed. I have added the player first name, school, and region and Player of the Year, Player of the Year runner-up, or Co-Player of the Year from the published list. Hope I have all that right!

West - 85

East - 76

KABC East-West All-Star Game at Warren Central

WEST -- Caylan Bybee, Monroe County 19 (Region 4 POY); Christine Roush, Mercy 15 (Region 6 POY); Haley Armstrong, Murray 14 (Region 1 POY); Molly Lamb, Greenwood 11 (Region 4 POY R/U); Aneta Sloma, Livingston Central 6 (Region 2 POY R/U); Taylor Futrell, Calloway County 6 (Region POY R/U); Julie Whitfill, Daviess County 6 (Region 3 POY R/U); Micah Jones, Green County 4 (Region 5 POY); Kelsea Wilson, Grayson County 4 (Region 3 POY).

EAST -- Jasmine Whitfield, South Oldham 21 (Region 8 Co-POY); Mikal Farris, Ashland 13 (Region 16 POY R/U); Taylor Stinson, Scott 8 (Region 10 POY R/U); Savannah Taylor, Mercer County 8 (Region 12 POY R/U); Peyton Wright, Owsley County 7 (Region 14 POY); Kianna Hall, South Floyd 7 (Region 15 POY); Rianna Gayheart, Owen County (Region 8 Co-POY)

Read more here: Latest girls' high school basketball scores | High school basketball | Kentucky.com

Update from an additional source I found............Gayheart scored 6 for the East and the East also showed a Gay with 6, a Jacob with 2 and a Mayes with 0. Jacob would be Kristen Jacob of Lexington Christian who was Region 11 POY R/U. I can't find a Gay on the list on Regional POY's or POY R/U's. There is a Kayla Day, Region 16 POY from Fairview so perhaps the "Gay" should be "Day" (????). Ashley Mayes of Franklin County was POY in Region 11 but I saw her on crutches from her knee operation so it must be another Mayes.

Update from an additional source I found............Gayheart scored 6 for the East and the East also showed a Gay with 6, a Jacob with 2 and a Mayes with 0. Jacob would be Kristen Jacob of Lexington Christian who was Region 11 POY R/U. I can't find a Gay on the list on Regional POY's or POY R/U's. There is a Kayla Day, Region 16 POY from Fairview so perhaps the "Gay" should be "Day" (????). Ashley Mayes of Franklin County was POY in Region 11 but I saw her on crutches from her knee operation so it must be another Mayes.

Frank, are now going to say goodbye to Kentucky Basketball? If so I will miss your insight and your great game analysis as well as your ability to dig and find the facts.

Frank, are now going to say goodbye to Kentucky Basketball? If so I will miss your insight and your great game analysis as well as your ability to dig and find the facts.

I won't say goodbye but I probably won't be around quite as much. Of course if the family stays there I will have to follow Thad in FB and BB!

I've made a lot of great friends here over the past several years and have actually gotten to meet some in person and that's been really outstanding. Regardless of how things go I'll remember Bluegrass Preps and it's participants fondly.