Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

luvdahornets

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by luvdahornets

  1. For Metcalfe County, here's my stab at this ... G - Tim McMurtrey (also coach of my all-time-team) G - J. P. Blevins G - Doug Clemmons F - John Paul Blevins F - Chris Huffman 2nd five G - Chris "Nutty" Barlow G - Jason Tucker G - Chip Nixon F - Greg Wilson C - Tony Crain (senior year) Others to consider G - Shawn Jones G - Leroyce Barlow G/F - David Garmon F/C - Chris Hurt G/F - Alan Murrell I'm sure I'm leaving out some worthy candidates ... can anyone help me out?
  2. Scribe, thanks for the report. I think the Lady Hornets have a nice shot at winning the 4th Region All-A this year, though it seems really wide open. Cumberland Co. is playing well, Russellville has some talent, and Clinton and Glasgow both played Warren East very tough. Should be fun!
  3. Pete, I didn't get to go to that game or even listen to it on WHSX, so all I know about it is what I read on the website that The Scribe posted at the top of this thread. But there IS a full, detailed box score on that site, along with quite a bit of info about the tournament in general (including a recap) and a short writeup on every game ... a nice webpage. Man, that loss is a toughie ... the Metcalfe girls need to go to Campbellsville after Christmas and storm through the draw in the Coca-Cola Classic to get back on track!
  4. Arrrggghh ... that's a tough one for an old Hornet fan like me ... Hoops is a funny game, isn't it? Metcalfe almost doubles up Heath, Fulton Co. barely edges UHA in overtime, then Fulton gets by Metcalfe while Heath doubles up UHA! Ya never know ... So, Lady Hornets (now 7-3) learn from this one, and its on to the Coca-Cola Holiday Classic on the 27th ... see ya then. Thanks for the props, Scribe!
  5. Checking the above-mentioned page, I see where Natalie Bunch had 17 points, 8 steals, 4 rebounds and 2 steals to lead a balanced team effort for the Lady Hornets, who now need to defeat Fulton Co. to successfully defend their crown and become the first two-time winner of the event. Go Metcalfe! :thumb:
  6. Thanks for posting this link ... lotsa great info since I can't make it to the tourney in person! Go Lady Hornets!
  7. Hey, fans of the fantastic fourth -- any predictions on the Lady Hornet - Lady Bulldog tilt tonight? I'm saying Metcalfe by 8 to 12 points; the Lady Hornets I think may turn out to be the surprise of the 4th this year, and maybe have their best season since those really good teams with Oginski and McMurtrey and Logan. They've got nice balance, good outside shooting, lots of experience playing together, and have shown some pretty good "spurtablity" (to use TV guy Clark Kellogg's phrase for the ability to go on decisive runs).

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.