Clay Moody replacing Jeff Morrow as Jeffersontown coach

Moody has been named boys' basketball coach at Jeffersontown High School, where he will replace Jeff Morrow.

"He's a great coach and did a great job," said Moody, the head coach at Christian Academy the past two seasons. "I just hope to continue to build on a great program and the success he had."

Morrow stepped down last month after compiling a 250-118 record in 12 seasons. He led the Chargers to the 2006 state championship -- the only title won by a Jefferson County school since Ballard in 1999.

Moody, 32, went 25-29 in two seasons at CAL. A 1997 Waggener graduate, Moody was an assistant at CAL for two seasons and also had stints as an assistant at Warren Central and Iroquois.

J'town moves from the Seventh Region to the Sixth next season.

"I'm really looking forward to the challenge of competing in the new Sixth Region," Moody said. "There are some really good teams ... but we hope to be in the hunt for the regional title year in and year out. I think we can."

http://www.highschoolsports.net/local/louisville/article/Clay-Moody-named-new-Jeffersontown-boys-basketball-coach/