4A Region 4 Dist. 8 All-District team

Jim Schue

As voted on by the coaches:

Coach of the Year: Kenny Turner, Mad. Cent.

Player of the Year: Ronnie Letcher, Mad. Cent.

QB: Ricky Bowling (Fr.), South Laurel

RB: LaDale Rider (Sr.), Whitley Co.; Trent Calhoun (Jr.), Lincoln Co.; Paul Warford (Sr.), Mad. Cent.; Andrew Mathis (Sr.), Mad. Cent.

FB: Kyle Sizemore (Sr.), North Laurel; Ronnie Letcher (Sr.), Mad. Cent.

WR: Zack Marcum (Sr.), South Laurel; Junior Skepple (Sr.), Mad. Cent.

TE: Collin Jones (Jr.), Montgomery Co.

OL: Connor Kelly (Sr.), South Laurel; Josh Reeves (Sr.), Whitley Co.; Kalan Perdue (Sr.), G.R. Clark

DL: Cody Jeffries (Jr.), Whitley Co.; Tristan Jones (Jr.), G.R. Clark; Hagan Johnson (Sr.), G.R. Clark; Glen Baker (Sr.), South Laurel; Austin Camp (Sr.), Mad. Cent.

ILB: Ryan Brandenburg (So.), North Laurel; Shawn Baird (So.), Whitley Co.; Jeff Ledford (Jr.), South Laurel; Hagan Folger (Sr.), Lincoln Co.

OLB: Jake Elliott (Jr.), Lincoln Co., Brandon McCaffrey (Jr.), G.R. Clark; Taylor Lansdale (Sr.), Montgomery Co.; Danny Holbrook (Sr.), Mad. Cent.

DB: Cory Brown (Sr.), South Laurel; Robelle Rogers (Jr.), G.R. Clark; Aaron King (Sr.), Mad. Cent.

Congratulations to those honored!

As voted on by the coaches:

QB: Ricky Bowling (Fr.), South Laurel

That is very impressive! Does he still have room to improve, talent-wise (which is different than just getting experience, IMHO), or is he an early bloomer who reached the top of his skills early? I would think that the future is very bright for him regardless.

Congrats to all.

That is very impressive! Does he still have room to improve, talent-wise (which is different than just getting experience, IMHO), or is he an early bloomer who reached the top of his skills early? I would think that the future is very bright for him regardless.

Congrats to all.

He has had a very good season, but size and arm strength are concerns. Hard work will help the arm some, but accuracy and 5-10 yard passes was his strength. Needs a growth spurt. Future at South is bright.

Congrats to all.

I think Bowling has a lot of room to improve, he was helped along quite a bit by the Cardinals' veteran depth at WR. He may grow some more yet and be able to pack on a few more pounds, and his understanding of the offense and decision-making will only get better. Next year for him will be key, with all the graduation losses South will endure, as he will asked to do more at times. But he's a bright kid and should be able to handle it. He is mature for a freshman, as I believe he was a hold-back at some point down the line.