Lauren O'Conner Ranked #31 in Nation Among HS Seniors by PrepVolleyball.com

CCHLONGBALL

PrepVolleyball.com is proud to present its Senior Aces, the top 250 volleyball recruits in the Class of 2011. We’ve been working hard since May to identify and compile a list of the best American recruits in the next senior class. The sole criterion was potential impact over four years at the next level. High school achievement was not a factor nor was the university they would attend.

Compiling the list has been an arduous task. I have a contact list of about 120 college coaches who have asked to be involved in the process. They received the initial list of several hundred names May 19 for comment and at least three more times thereafter. The top 100 list was finalized last week after an hour-long talk with my “closer,” a coach I rely on to make the final close calls.

To date, more than 90 coaches have participated. While I can’t reveal their names, I can assure you that I received input from the four corners of this country and many places in between. The college coaches themselves are solely responsible for the names on this list. PrepVolleyball.com’s only role was to act as facilitator.

What this list represents is the best effort of some of America ’s most fertile volleyball minds to identify the top recruits at a snapshot in time. Nothing more. Nothing less. I thank profusely the college coaches who participated. This list would not be possible without you.

31. Lauren O’Conner, 6-5 OH, Scott (Taylor Mill KY), NKYVC -- Kentucky

Originally a middle blocker, O’Conner has developed the game to be a dominant outside hitter at the college level. So tall so young, she is still growing into her frame. When her strength catches up to her height, not even the sky will limit her. She has a natural touch and feel for all aspects of the game and is quite a nice athlete for one so tall. She committed early to Kentucky and will be the first home grown attacker to sign with the Wildcats in the Craig Skinner era. O’Conner will enroll in the spring of 2011 and is bound to make a big name for herself in the Blue & White.

Congratulations Lauren!! Tremendous accomplishment!!

Congratulations Lauren! It has been a pleasure watching her develop into a dominating player over the past four years. She will have a fantastic career at UK.

Unfortunately, Lauren broke her finger in practice earlier this week and will be lost to the Lady Eagles for the rest of the season. We wish her the best and a speedy recovery. Very sad news for Lauren in her senior season and for the rest of the team who had the potential to make a strong run in the regional this year. They will have to regroup quickly with Ryle on the schedule tonight and Notre Dame on Thursday.