Mason County 13 Bracken County 5

mcpapa

Final in the 10th last night. Long-time family friend Lee Sutton went the distance for the win.

Bracken County showed me some heart as they got down 13-0 early but kept the mercy rule out of the picture.

It was nice to see some of my old golf buddies. Joe; you're still on the KHSAA website with that 62-point game against Nicholas County WAY back in the day. Buster, the concessions were great.

And it was a pleaseure to speak with AHS boys basketball coach Kelsch. Although I did find out that he has one nearly unforgivable character flaw. An unabashed Pittsburgh Pirates fan, that's starting out 0-2 (to use a baseball analogy).:D

Two more thoughts and I'll put this thread to bed.

1. To Mr. Sutton - thanks once again for that little pinch between my cheek and gum. Between football and baseball games over the years, I've lost track of how many cans I owe you.

2. Bracken, Mason and Augusta fans all sittling on those bleachers behind home plate. And it was MOST refreshing to be able to have civil conversations at a sporting event with fans from three schools crammed up against each other. Maybe it was my naturally calming influence. Mcmama is an over-the-top, blue-colored glasses Mason County fan; as a graduate of and a teacher in the system, a milion percent more of a die-hard Royals fan than me; so it's me that's the peacemaker.

Seriously, it's nice to be able to watch a game, talk with friends, make a new friend or two, and not have to listen to the junk that is so often so pervasive at ball games these days.:thumb: