Middlesboro 4 Bell County 3 (8 innings)

I heard he pitched well. However, I also heard Middlesboro hit the ball pretty hard, just right at people for a good portion of the game. They really are a good offensive baseball team.

They did most of their big hits would have been out at Middlesboro but not at Bell High park is alot longer. He pitched all 8 innings and didn't walk a batter that I can remember.

I'm sure Middlesboro has a good team however beating Bell by 1 in extra innings really shocked me. I know Bell is really down this year compared to past years.

I really don't know how good they are. If they are one of the best then IMO the 13th region is pretty down this season.

Rumor has it, a few of their seniors were on senior trip. They said Jake Partin wasn't there. They would have a lot to do with it. And let's not forget, they did win 15-5 in 5 innings against this same team a couple of days earlier.

I think this was just a matter of one team playing out of their rear and coming close to the upset.

Also, they threw a freshman the final 3 innings of this game.

Rumor has it, a few of their seniors were on senior trip. They said Jake Partin wasn't there. They would have a lot to do with it. And let's not forget, they did win 15-5 in 5 innings against this same team a couple of days earlier.

I think this was just a matter of one team playing out of their rear and coming close to the upset.

Also, they threw a freshman the final 3 innings of this game.

It was 15 to 5 in that Little League field that they play on also. I understand they had a few on senior trip but if they are in the top of the region then it isn't very strong this year. IMO

It was 15 to 5 in that Little League field that they play on also. I understand they had a few on senior trip but if they are in the top of the region then it isn't very strong this year. IMO

It is definitely a short porch in left. But...didn't Bell County play on the same field? Didn't they have the same opportunity for homeruns and what not?

Yes they don't have the hitting this season that has been there problem.

I was just saying, as far as field conditions and size of ballpark, no team ever has an advantage. They play on the same field on the same day.

Now, if we were to compare Middlesboro's homerun totals to Bell County's, Corbin's, NL's, or SL's, then there would be a gripe about depth of field.

I was just saying, as far as field conditions and size of ballpark, no team ever has an advantage. They play on the same field on the same day.

Now, if we were to compare Middlesboro's homerun totals to Bell County's, Corbin's, NL's, or SL's, then there would be a gripe about depth of field.

I agree with what you are saying I just don't see them being one of the best teams in the region.