Field Conditions?

I was just wondering after all the games that were postponed last week because of field conditions, how many will be postponed this week?

Who decides whether to postpone or play?

When do the conditions change from muddy to unsafe and who determines that?

Can the Game Officials determine a field to be unsafe due to weather conditions when they arrive at a ballgame and postpone it?

If it is decided that the home team's field is unplayable, Can the home team change the venue? or does it automatically go to the visiting teams home field?

How are the field conditions at your place? Well at Lynn Camp..... I'll just say this I'm gonna wear my boots and I'll be in the press box...:sssh:

Last weeks games were canceled based on forecasted/potential weather conditions, not due to soggy "field" conditions. Although it didn't hurt to let the fields drain and dry out for a few more hours. As soon as the games were postponed, the rain stopped... go figure. But there were high winds in the area and a tornado was seen south of Lexington on Friday evening. So I think in hindsight it was better to error on the side of safety when making a call like that.

http://www.whas11.com/topstories/stories/whas11-topstories-091012-tornado-video.20eafa5ad.html

I was just wondering after all the games that were postponed last week because of field conditions, how many will be postponed this week?

Who decides whether to postpone or play?

When do the conditions change from muddy to unsafe and who determines that?

Can the Game Officials determine a field to be unsafe due to weather conditions when they arrive at a ballgame and postpone it?

If it is decided that the home team's field is unplayable, Can the home team change the venue? or does it automatically go to the visiting teams home field?

How are the field conditions at your place? Well at Lynn Camp..... I'll just say this I'm gonna wear my boots and I'll be in the press box...:sssh:

Yes that is part of the officials pregame duty. They are supposed to arrive on the field 30 minutes before kickoff and checking the field and other things such as the chains, game clock and etc. Sop yes an official can cancel a game because of unsafe field conditions. I think that the home can change as long as the visiting teams agrees but I am not for sure.