Bell County 8 Corbin 4

Chase Ely pitched one heck of a game. Congrats to the Bobcats.

Ely pitched well despite his defense being very shaky. Bell Co. committed more errors than Corbin, but the Hounds made a couple of really costly mistakes that led to several of Bell Co.'s runs. Anyone know why Josh Smith only pitched to one batter? Matlock pitched well before tiring, but I was hoping that they would give the ball to Smith to pitch this game.

Tonight's final should be a good one.

Ely pitched well despite his defense being very shaky. Bell Co. committed more errors than Corbin, but the Hounds made a couple of really costly mistakes that led to several of Bell Co.'s runs. Anyone know why Josh Smith only pitched to one batter? Matlock pitched well before tiring, but I was hoping that they would give the ball to Smith to pitch this game.

I agree Bell can't make any mistakes tonight.

It would be my guess and this is only a guess, that Garmon was trying to save him should the Hounds get to the finals against South. Bell on the other hand was able to get by despite some very shakey defense and hold their ace to the finals. I thought it was an entertaining game even if it was not most well played (error after error).

I know that you have to make decisions based on the safety of the kids, but I thought that the Umpires pulled the trigger early on the delays. I thought that the delays hurt Corbin by stopping their momentum, and cooled the pitcher down, giving the advantage to Bell coming out with runners in scoring positions.

It would be my guess and this is only a guess, that Garmon was trying to save him should the Hounds get to the finals against South. Bell on the other hand was able to get by despite some very shakey defense and hold their ace to the finals. I thought it was an entertaining game even if it was not most well played (error after error).

I know that you have to make decisions based on the safety of the kids, but I thought that the Umpires pulled the trigger early on the delays. I thought that the delays hurt Corbin by stopping their momentum, and cooled the pitcher down, giving the advantage to Bell coming out with runners in scoring positions.

The delays may have been untimely for Corbin, but the umpires have specific guidelines they have to follow and they did what they were supposed to do.

The delays may have been untimely for Corbin, but the umpires have specific guidelines they have to follow and they did what they were supposed to do.

If they didn't follow those rules they could have been reprimanded fot their actions. They have to look out for the safety of others.

Well I don't disagree with what you are saying but they had conferenced twice about the lightning twice prior to the stoppage. If they saw it and talked about it then at that point it was bad enough not to continue play but they allowed play to continue for several more minutes, that was my point.