Ashland Baseball Reunion

ACE

Tomorrow, the 1965-1969 Tomcat baseball teams are having a reunion. These teams went 107-11, winning 3 consecutive state championships bookended by 2 runner-up 1-0 losses in the state finals. These teams were 2-4 runs away from winning 5 straight championships! Is any one planning to attend? I hope to as I either know or know of many of these players. Hats off to Bobby Lynch for pulling this together, there deserve to be recognized.:ylsuper:

I am glad to see this posted. I have a very close friend that played on these Ashland powerhouse teams. Former (retired) Raceland/Worthington elementary principal Greg Dowdy was the 2nd baseman for the Tomcats during this time and went on to play at Morehead Sate under Steve Hamilton. I have heard many sories from him about them.

During this 5 year span the were 11 players selected All State 14 times. This has to be the be one of the best stretches of baseball by one school ever.

Unfortunately, the game will be at the high school. There was a strong sentiment that it should have been at the park since this is where all these former players grew up playing even before their high school days. I suspect that they did not want to give up concessions or paid admissions. The park would have been a great touch, pass the hat like the old days, I really think folks would have stepped up.

During this 5 year span the were 11 players selected All State 14 times. This has to be the be one of the best stretches of baseball by one school ever.

I would certainly agree with that, imo there have been some great h.s. baseball teams and talent in our area through the years but probably none better not only in our area but state wide than that stretch for Ashland.