Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jobs needed to be filled...

Featured Replies

Let me say a word about Webster. I had a good friend who applied for the job. He went and visited with the administration, toured the school, and then returned for a second visit. The weightroom is a cracker box in a dingy dark room under the bleachers in the gym. They have equipment that had to be made by a former assistants friend. The practice field is about 600 yards away from the school across a highway, and the game field is up on a hill. So the three things the football team needs is in 3 different locations. There is a football field house shell. I say shell because construction began on it around 2003 and it is not complete yet and probably never will be. The administration seems supportive but cannot get any help from the Superintendent's office. Getting the board to hire assistants is hard and the pay is terrible. The program must raise money for their own transportation, so any fundraisors go to pay for buses not for new equipment or stuff for the players. I have heard rumors that the board may make the teams start paying a % of the electric bill for using the field lights for practices and games. From what i have heard Webster might be the worst situation in the state. The feeder system is in disarray. They used to have a team for each elementary school, but now they only have one team in the entire county. Instead of building numbers and getting kids out they are limiting themselves with 1 team. I give Coach Kettler applause for standing up and trying to take this thing and move it in the right direction, but I fear Urban Meyer or Pete Carol would struggle at Webster. If things don't change rumors of them shutting down the program my come true. Needless to say my buddy withdrew his name because he wasn't willing to risk his career at a place like that.

 

Didn't I here that Webster Co. School Board voted to not transport any athletic team. I believe the parents have to transport their own kids to games. I know I read this about a school in Ky. I am pretty sure it was Webster Co. Maybe all sports should be dropped if that is all the support they have.

Sadly to say that Bracken County is looking for a head coach

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.