Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

North Laurel 8 Southwestern 1

Featured Replies

Did Kosmecki pitch for SW?

  • Author
Did Kosmecki pitch for SW?

 

I think so. I was not surprised that North won, but If Kosmecki did pitch, it shows me that North's bats are in excellent shape very early in the season. She is an excellent pitcher and I was told that this was why North scheduled SW so early in the season was to see a solid pitcher early on. While the Jaguars lost 6 seniors including their #1 and #2 pitchers, they did have 4 of their top 5 hitters back. This is Weaver's 3rd year at NL and I can really see their bats improving all the time. And this is a very young Jaguar team. I think where he has been working with these younger girls since middle school on their hitting, they are developing good habits.

I knew NL had a lot of offense coming back, but 8 runs against Kosmecki is still impressive.

  • Author
I knew NL had a lot of offense coming back, but 8 runs against Kosmecki is still impressive.

 

 

This is what Weaver told me today about that game:

We executed short game push and sac bunts, had 4 stolen bases to move runners up, and 3 big timely hits to drive in 6 of the runs with RISP. We only struck out 6 times which I thought was good against her.

 

Talked with Scott Sears this evening (Abby's dad) and he said that in his opinion, Kosmecki could very well be one of the top 3-4 pitchers in the state this year. He coached her some last summer and said she is really on top of her game.

 

The youth on this North Laurel team will probably have them take some lumps this year, but for the next several years, the Lady Jaguars are LOADED with talent.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.