Oldham shoot out

South is likely the better team, but the operative issue is made threes, they haven't shot the ball well the majority of the year and I am sure Coach Forrest spent the late part of the evening with his wrench tightening the rims up. I see it as a tough spot for the Dragons with it being the potential final game for Dunlap and if rumors are correct Gary Forrest. You don't see Oldham out of the regional tournament often and it is even more rare back to back years considering they will be playing at home with those two's possible emotional final chance. Add to that the refs who will give South NOTHING and I see it as Oldham 67 - South 60. Best of luck to both though.

South is likely the better team, but the operative issue is made threes, they haven't shot the ball well the majority of the year and I am sure Coach Forrest spent the late part of the evening with his wrench tightening the rims up. I see it as a tough spot for the Dragons with it being the potential final game for Dunlap and if rumors are correct Gary Forrest. You don't see Oldham out of the regional tournament often and it is even more rare back to back years considering they will be playing at home with those two's possible emotional final chance. Add to that the refs who will give South NOTHING and I see it as Oldham 67 - South 60. Best of luck to both though.

Interesting...

Not sure why the refs will play into a game between two Oldham schools... :confused:

Actually - while you were joking about the rims - the rims may well hold some input. In two games at OC this year (Ronald McDonald House Classic vs. Grant County and regular season matchup with Oldham), South has shot poorly from the floor. Against Grant, South was just 23/72 overall (31%) and 13/25 from the line...against Oldham in January, the Dragons hit just 3 of 25 from beyond the arc and 17/52 overall (32%). So...while you were joking...South will have to raise those percentages tonight if they want to knock off the Colonels.

Oldham will have to keep a hand in those shooters' faces and control the glass. And someone besides Dunlap will have to score; last time, Dunlap scored 33 against South; they'll be concentrating on him for sure.

I think the difference tonight will be someone stepping up from a lesser role to make some key plays. Perhaps freshman Kerry Smith of Oldham or Jacob Adams of South...

I think I'll chicken out and refrain from a prediction, though!!!! Just going to enjoy the spectacle!