Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 55 West Carter 40

Featured Replies

Final

Kayla Parsley with 30 points.

Much needed win for the Lady Devils. Nice job !:thumb:

Congrats to the Lady Devils. Good win for them. I'm glad Parsley had a big game. She is probably the most dominant and overlooked post in the region.

Congrats to the Lady Devils. Good win for them. I'm glad Parsley had a big game. She is probably the most dominant and overlooked post in the region.

 

I agree that Parsley is a good inside player but saying she is the most dominant post in the region might be overstating it a bit. If she actually played in the post instead of outside the lane I might be more inclined to agree with you.

Over can you name another player in the region with her numbers.I've tried to do some research but am having trouble coming up with alot of stats.

Over can you name another player in the region with her numbers.I've tried to do some research but am having trouble coming up with alot of stats.

 

Griffith for Elliott Co. 19pts 11 rebs a game.:ylsuper:

Thanks pick. I have also been told that Lewis for Raceland is averaging a double double this year also.

Over can you name another player in the region with her numbers.I've tried to do some research but am having trouble coming up with alot of stats.

 

Here are some stats for the local team's centers per the KHSAA website that are pretty recent (I also throw in some personal observations):

 

West Carter - Stevens: 15 points, 13 rebs (Senior)

One the hardest working and strongest centers in the region - good dribbler and spin move in the lane. Uses the backboard very well on post moves. Can use either hand when shooting

 

Russell - Parsley: 11 points 9 rebs (as of January 7) (Junior)

Not a power player but is really good at getting rebounding position. Has a nose for the ball. Also has a good shot underneath (soft touch around the rim).

 

Rowan County - Riddle:13 points 4 rebs (Senior)

Pound for pound probably the hardest working Center/Forward in the region. At only 5'7" Riddle uses her strength and grit to outmuscle much taller defensive players. She is a pretty good ball handler and can step back and hit the 3-pointer.

 

Elliott County - Griffith: 19 points 11 rebs (Senior)

A center/forward that can play outside or in. Great rebounder and very hard-nosed / strong player. A hard match-up for most teams. Always follows her shot.

 

Ashland - Conner: 14 points 7 rebs (junior)

A finese player that has an excellent shooting touch around the basket. If she would develop a power game she could be outstanding. Although behind the other region centers in terms of rebounds, she probably leads the region in blocked shots (in the games I have seen, she has averaged about 6 blocks a game)

 

I couldn't get any info on Raceland's Keeton or Lewis or on East's Combs.

 

Hard to say which is really the best center in the region looking at stats. Each player has their own individual strengths (and weaknesses of course). Who would a coach choose? Probably depends on the skills of the other players on the team and who would be the best fit.

Thanks for the stats. Looks like the talent is fairly well spread out among the teams this year.

Thanks for the stats. Looks like the talent is fairly well spread out among the teams this year.

 

I agree:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.