Question about future football alignment

jbwill2

I see on the KHSAA's website that the classes/districts for football have been posted for 2009 and 2010, and that there are some changes (for instance, Bryan Station is moving up from 5A to 6A).

When will information regarding 2011 onwards be released? Any word on if there will for-sure still be 6 classes, or whether teams will still be permitted to "play up" for geographic reasons?

I see on the KHSAA's website that the classes/districts for football have been posted for 2009 and 2010, and that there are some changes (for instance, Bryan Station is moving up from 5A to 6A).

When will information regarding 2011 onwards be released? Any word on if there will for-sure still be 6 classes, or whether teams will still be permitted to "play up" for geographic reasons?

I wouldn't think they'd make alignment decisions until 2010. My guess is that it's impossible to say at this time whether they will stick with 6 classes and the move up option. I hope they do ( I think it's worked well) but who knows what will happen two years from now.