If I was Western Kentucky University......

The Scribe

I would find out which schools are having scheduling difficulties for 2009-10 and offer six schools the chance to split rental of LT Smith Stadium for a Saturday and host three games, pitting schools who need to fill a date on their schedule with other schools far away. Kind of a halfway point for the schools.

The games would be played at 2, 5, and 8. Teams would split the total gate six ways and split the rental cost. And it would get teams that elusive game instead of something worse.

Plus, WKU would benefit by having six football teams on their campus.

Of course, this wouldn't apply to northern Kentucky schools because it's too far to drive. ;)

Great idea!

On another note, I find it funny and more than just a little ironic that Bowling Green is complained about by Northern Kentucky folks as too far to go for the state finals right when Highlands is in the middle of a two-year home-and-home contract with Hoptown.

I think its a great idea, a mini Herby...As close as BGreen is to the Tn border, I'd love to see a ky/tn challenge type event...I can imagine some excellent matchups, but, it would need to be teams that travel well and brings a good crowd...How bout a BGreen/Maryville matchup or a Ft Campbell/Lipscomb or a St X/Brentwood Academy.. There's alot of great matchups possible that would make for a great event...