Saint Xaiver 6 Manual 3

Really a tale of one inning for St. X. The Manual starter looked very strong early on, he struck out 2 or 3 and got 5 or 6 batters to pop up in foul territory. Manual had a couple of good hits off of X starter Ryan Moesby, but a few St. X errors and some lackadaisical plays helped Manual go up 2-0 early. Alex Oswine hit a homerun in the bottom of the 5th to send Manual up 3-0. X exploded in the top of the 6th for 6 runs. They scored 6 off of 5 hits and 2 Manual errors. Manual pitchers hit one or two batters in that inning. X was finally able to put the bat on the ball and take advantage of some Manual mishaps. Ryan Moesby dominated from there, striking out the side in the bottom of the 6th.

Overall the game was pretty sloppy on defense both ways. Both teams had some hard hits and good plays. Both pitchers threw very well, and there were some unearned runs on both sides.

Does anyone know how things played out in the other 7th region districts?

Good win for the Tigers! Good luck next week in the regional.

Great job Tigers on the 12th win against a top 25 team. I think they are battle tested and ready for the region.

How about the five Tigers who were hit by a pitch! Manual's sophomore did well and he was trying to defeat St. X for a second time. That's always tough. I thought the Manual home run would take some of the wind out of the Tigers. I thought the umpires did great work and the plate ump was consistent, which is all you can ask for. An error in the outfield proved costly and helped ignite the Tiger rally. 6 runs in the sixth. Games at U of L should be quite entertaining next week!

How about the five Tigers who were hit by a pitch! Manual's sophomore did well and he was trying to defeat St. X for a second time. That's always tough. I thought the Manual home run would take some of the wind out of the Tigers. I thought the umpires did great work and the plate ump was consistent, which is all you can ask for. An error in the outfield proved costly and helped ignite the Tiger rally. 6 runs in the sixth. Games at U of L should be quite entertaining next week!

It will be a chess match next week depending on the draws. District winners should be able to save the top pitchers for rounds 2 & 3 but in baseball in any game you never know. St.X,Trinity,Eastern, Ballard,Manual,FC, pick your poison.

It will be a chess match next week depending on the draws. District winners should be able to save the top pitchers for rounds 2 & 3 but in baseball in any game you never know. St.X,Trinity,Eastern, Ballard,Manual,FC, pick your poison.

I am so glad that you added Fern Creek to the equation and let's not forget Christian Academy with Coach Bill Gray.If you remember last year, they beat Eastern in the district and then sent Male home from the regional. Fern Creek has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory too many times this year. But if for one game, they play like they have in 90% of the innings, beware. What a regional!! Does anyone know when the drawing is for the pairings?

I am so glad that you added Fern Creek to the equation and let's not forget Christian Academy with Coach Bill Gray.If you remember last year, they beat Eastern in the district and then sent Male home from the regional. Fern Creek has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory too many times this year. But if for one game, they play like they have in 90% of the innings, beware. What a regional!!

The draw will be huge this year! Even if you could pick who you play it would be a very tough bracket. You are right what a region.

I believe they usually make the draw on Sunday. With the exception of maybe one or two teams, it doesn't matter if you are a district champion or a runner-up. All the games are going to be tough regardless of the draw. Is there any other region that is overall going to be as tough as the 7th with so many teams in the top 10 and top 25?